News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

IRQ_F2P interrupt width does not change after apply_board_preset

Started by Leon, October 04, 2016, 03:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Hi,
Normally when you instantiate the ZYNQ7 Processing System in Vivado (2016.2) you can enable multiple IRQ_F2P interrupt inputs with:

• Double click on PS7->Interrupts->Fabric Interrupts->PL-PS
  • check the Fabric Interrupts and IRQ_F2P[15:0] boxes
  • This gives you an IRQ_F2P[0:0] input (note 1 bit wide)
  • You then instantiate a concat block and set the output width, say to 2
  • Connect the concat output to IRQ_F2P[0:0]
  • Click Validate Design. This converts the 1 bit input into a 2 bit input IRQ_F2P[1:0]
The above is as described in https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/How-to-use-more-than-one-IRQ-F2P-interrupt/td-p/514661

I have been doing this after applying the old style board presets using:
set_property CONFIG.PCW_IMPORT_BOARD_PRESET   {TE0720-01_a.xml}  [get_bd_cells /processing_system7_0]
and it all works fine.

I am moving over to the new board description files by using:
set_property board_part trenz.biz:te0720_1cr:part0:1.0 [current_project]
apply_bd_automation -rule ... apply_board_preset "1" ...

This correctly applies the presets, but the width update of IRQ_F2P does not occur any more. It does not matter even if I correctly set the IRQ_F2P width before applying the preset - it just gets set back to [0:0].

I have tried removing parts of the preset.xml file, but I have to remove the entire <ip_preset preset_proc_name="ps7_preset"> ... </ip_preset> section before the interrupt width is able to be set correctly.

Is there a bug somewhere? Are you able to provide the current set of presets (for TE0720-1CR) as a CONFIG.PCW_IMPORT_BOARD_PRESET so that I can make progress?

Regards
Leon

Antti Lukats

Leon

OK.
A known issue where: Vivado, .xml?
Who is fixing it: Trenz or Xilinx?
When are they expecting a fix, will it require a Vivado update?

Thanks.

Antti Lukats

we are fixing it, the script did change some READ ONLY properties, so they can not be changed later.

JH

Hi,
open the boardpart file TE0720_1CR\1.0\preset.xml with texteditor and delete the following line:<user_parameter  name="CONFIG.PCW_NUM_F2P_INTR_INPUTS" value="1"/>
Recreate the project and the property should be set automatically after validation. We change the board part files this week and upload a new version on our download site.
br
John

Leon

Thanks - that worked.

I had tried removing this from preset.xml before, but it reads the file earlier in the flow (set_property ip_repo_paths ??), not when the apply_board_preset command is issued, so it had no effect.

Thanks
Leon