News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720 on TE0701 carrier board SPI flash Boot

Started by EnthuMan, April 06, 2016, 12:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnthuMan

Hello,
      I just powered the TE0720 on TE0701 carrier board for the first time.
I was hoping to see the boot process (the factory image which is stored on the on-board SPI flash) on Tera Term (the PC was able to detect the FTDI chip on the carrier and a COM id was assigned to it).
On the TE0720, One red and one green light are ON. However, there is nothing being shown on the TeraTerm (configured @ 115200 bps).
Please advise,

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

Red LED on TE0720 show bootmode by blinking (faster for QSPI mode, slower for SD).
One green led is FPGA Done, second is user controlled. Bootmode set by SD card detect. If you have SD card in slot, it should contain valid BOOT.bin file.
Can you provide more details for your LEDs behaviour.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

EnthuMan

Thank you for your reply.
To describe the LED positions, I am looking at the board in an orientation where ZYNQ can be read. The left most LED is always solid red and the second one (closer to the CPLD) is always solid green.
There is no flashing of the LEDs at any point. There is also no SD card in the slot.

Antti Lukats

720 module leds are explained in the wiki

the 3rd led GREEN on the other side of the module, is "inverted done" it should be ON at all times when power is applied and FPGA is not configured.

should it be always OFF then this means that there is severy issue with power supplies

when booting from SD card and boot is not succesful this LED must remain steady ON, so if you put empty SD card into slot, and power cycle it must remain ON, this is basic test the module and base can at least power up

EnthuMan

The status is as follows:
1) LED1 is green
2) LED2 is red
3) LED3 does not glow at all.
As you mentioned, there is a power supply issue, please advise on how to solve the problem.

Antti Lukats

TE0701 and TE0720 are 100% tested during production.

What you describe would be the case when wrong power is applied, if you power TE0701+TE0720 with 5V ( below <8V) then the LEDS would be exactly as you described

EnthuMan

Hello,
    The carrier board + daughter board are drawing about 80mA @ 12V. I checked the voltage with a multimeter and the voltage is correct at least on the carrier board.
The LSHM connectors seem to be in place. Anything to do with any of the jumpers?

Antti Lukats

no, you can remove all jumpers and have any combination of the switches, and you the module would power up. The only case where I see the LEDs as you describe is when 12V is too low, or VIN is missing from the module, so the system controller is not able to signal power OK.

Thorsten Trenz

Hello,
please contact us via email. It seems something is broken, you may need to return the boards for inspection.

Best Regards
Thorsten Trenz