News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720 petalinux UART comunication

Started by kmbm, December 14, 2015, 01:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmbm

Hi,
I'd like to send and receive char using UART interface and I can't find any examples how to do this. Finally i'd like to do this in my c code, but firstly i am trying to send anything  from linux console  but i'm doing something wrong. Are there any tutorials or can anybody tell me how to do this? I would be grateful for any help

Antti Lukats

this seems to be generic Linux question not related to TE0720 ?

kmbm

Ok, so I have another question. I use TE0701-03 board and I can't  find any info in datasheet to which MIO the PMODs are connected. Do you have any informations about it

Antti Lukats

schematic page 14

there is one slot that is connected to MIO, please not that the default TE0701 carrier controller connects the onboard USB uart to MIO14 and MIO15, so if you need MIO14 and MIO15 to be used in the PMOD then carrier controller must be reflashed to release the MIO14 and MIO15.

There are 2 PMODs connected to PL, it is possible to route any EMIO peripherals to those pins

kmbm

I can't find the numbers of this pmod pins. And another question, how to route mio to the pmod pin?

Antti Lukats

you can not route MIO, mio are FIXED connections.

only EMIO can be routed via PL fabric.

for MIO pins on TE0701 look page 14 in TE0701 schematic.

kmbm

http://www.trenz-electronic.de/download/d0/Trenz_Electronic/d1/TE0710/d2/documents.html - the schematic has onlu 13 pages
And if i want to connect UART1->EMIO->PMOD how can i do this? Sory i have a lot of questions but i am new in zynq

Antti Lukats

TE0701 is base board.

you had link to TE0710 artix module??

if you want to connect UART via emio you need to configure PS in Vivado to route this UART to EMIO and then connect to PL IO pins in your design.

kmbm

Antti Lukats

kmbm

Thanks a lot, I haven't found it before.

And the last quetsion is how to route uart to emio and pmod pins

Antti Lukats

1 double click on PS7 in vivado, select EMIO for UARTx
2 then make this port EXTERNAL
3 assign pin in IO window