News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Communication through FX2LP USB cable

Started by indirapriya, December 09, 2015, 08:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indirapriya

hi friends, 
         I am working Trenz FPGA module XC3SD3400A 4FGG676. My task is that communicate FXP2LP through this module.My question is that
I set the slide switch is in left posistion (FX2_PS_EN = HIGH) in this module but I cannot detect the FPGA device XC3SD3400A and cannot programming it....

Please anyone give the solution for it.....

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
did you read the documentation?
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/TE0320/TE0320+Getting+Started

There are detailed descriptions.

Best Regards
Thorsten Trenz

indirapriya

thanks for your reply.......
  I already read this document............if i set the slide switch left side(FX2_PS =HIGH),this will not detect the FPGA device
Please give any other solution for it.

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
its hard to guess what you mean. Please describe your setup, and your goal. How you want to "detect the FPGA device"? How did you connect the module?
FX2_PS =HIGH enables only the powersupplies.

Best Regards
Thorsten Trenz

indirapriya

I have two FPGA modules
1)   XC3SD3400A-FG6676AGQ1505-D5046943A  this is not working properly  while i connecting the JTAG  and FX2 USB cable and also FX2_LP = HIGH
2)   XC3SD3400A-FG6676AGQ3329-D4588173A  this is working properly  while i connecting the JTAG  and FX2 USB cable and also FX2_LP = HIGH

what is the difference in between two FPGA modules?

indirapriya

My task is that communicating FX2LP cable through USB and to verify the data through terminal v9.1 software tool............
If i connect the FPGA module XC3SD3400A - FG6676AGQ1505 - D5046943A through JTAG and also FX2_LP = HIGH
and I want to load the bit into FPGA through IMPACT tool and that the error will be shown...........

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
these modules do not differ, FPGA is other production run.
1) What power supply do you use?
2) on what base are you trying this?
3) what kind of JTAG cable do you use?
4) what is exact output of impact? Best is to copy the log.

Best Regards
Thorsten Trenz