News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

JTAG Device ID not detected on TE0701 Carrier REV 3 & REV 5 with TE0720

Started by navarro.arnaud, July 03, 2015, 11:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navarro.arnaud

Hello,

Currently I am working on two diffrent boards, the TE0701-03 and TE0701-05, mounted with the TE0720.
But now, I want to use chipscope from Xilinx. I used the JTAG port and the USB emulated JTAG port, and in both cases, Impact or Vivado Hardware Manager doesn't recognise the hardware. Of course I have red your Wiki, to see what how the buttons was configurated. We correctly switched off/on the 3rd button.
In Impact we got "Identify Succeed" but we got only one unknown device. I know that we should see 2 devices (ARM + FPGA). Do you know what can be the problem?
1 year ago, I used a old revision of the TE0701 and got no issue.

Thank you.

Antti Lukats

if the jumper settings are correct than the ARM+FPGA jtag chain should be visible.

for troubleshooting you can also use ToolZ, it will show the actual ID code that is captured from JTAG, so it would be visible if some switch is set incorrectly.

navarro.arnaud

First of all, thanks for answering.

In your Wikipage, (https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/4X5B/TE0701+JTAG+Programming+Guide), you don't talk about jumpers of the REV 3. There is only one thing about the button 3. That's why I am bit confused about the jumpers

navarro.arnaud