News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0701 + TE0720 HDMI Output on ADV7511

Started by geimel, February 04, 2015, 05:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geimel

Hello,
I've flashed the reference design TE0720-01_TE0701-03_Base_Vivado-2014.1 with HDMI output.
I'm new in zynq / vivado so I've some questions.
Currently the resolution from the testimage is 720p.
Is it possible to set the resolution to 1080p / 60Hz?
What is to do to set this resolution?
Thanks

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

When you boot you can found ADV7511 init file in /bin/hdmi_init.sh
It's bash script which send commands to ADV7511 via I2C bus. By ADV7511 manual you can found register value to change resolution and other paramethers.
To change it permanently you have to unpack uramdisk.image.gz, mount it, change this file and pack again.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

geimel

I'll test another way, but i din't know if its possible.
Taking the  TE0720-01_TE0701-03_Base_Vivado-2014.1 example project ad exporting to sdk, i have added a xilinx "peripheral Test" application.
The Uart runs and the i2c interface is initalized. But if i send a i2c write on Iic0, the serial  clock is 3Mhz(measured on adv7511).
Where can I adjust the clock?
The settings for uart I've found in vivado, but i2c clock?

It would be great to getting out a test image without linux on a bare metal apllication.

Thanks

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

IIC controller is fully configurable by software. You can use XIicPs_SetSClk function from xiicps.h.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

geimel

geimel

I2C runs fine, 720p example with copied I2C values from linux hdmi_ini.sh runs too.
But when I set the test pattern generator to 1080p and video timing generator too it doen't run.
I've looked in the ADV manual, but found no settings to change from 720p to 1080p.
Are there I2C Registers to change?

Thank you very much

ok, I've found the error, the clock wasn't accurate