News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Disabling UART0 Console Output in TE0720

Started by neels, May 14, 2024, 06:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neels

Hello all,

I am working with te0720 device using 2021.2 toolchain. I have a functioning system (can build, boot linux, view bootlog via UART0 serial port and ssh into unit). I need assistance in disabling the debug UART0 console output. Currently, the device tree includes the following configuration related to the UART console output:

chosen {
        bootargs = "console=ttyPS0,115200 earlycon root=/dev/ram0 rw";
        stdout-path = "serial0:115200n8";
    };

To disable the UART (ttyPS0) from printing console output, I have tried is to disable and remove the serial0 node (UART0) on the device tree provided by te0720 trenz reference design as shown below. But the resulting image build with the following change doesn't boot (unable to ssh into unit). The only difference between the working image and the not working image is the following change.   

Index: linux/recipes-bsp/uboot-device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi
===================================================================
--- linux/recipes-bsp/uboot-device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi (revision 1999)
+++ linux/recipes-bsp/uboot-device-tree/files/system-user.dtsi (working copy)
@@ -1,5 +1,14 @@
 /include/ "system-conf.dtsi"
 / {
+    axi{
+        serial@e0000000 {
+            status = "disabled";
+            };
+    };
+
+    aliases {
+        /delete-property/ serial0;
+    };
 };

Could someone please provide guidance on the correct method to disable UART0 console output for te0720 SOM? Specifically, what changes should be made to ensure that console messages are not sent to ttyPS0?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.