News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

clk ports of TE0726

Started by Gloria, May 18, 2021, 03:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Hi, I have a project with a port sys_clk,and I need to create constrains for sys_clk. However, I do not know the clock ports that can be used in TE0726. I do not find in reference and the schemetic.
Could you please help me check the clock ports in TE0726?

JH

Hi,
what did you mean?

You need a CLK for a PL IP? Use simple one of the 4 PS-PL CLKs which are available from the PS --> CLK freq can be set with PS IP (When you change something in the PS IP, regenerate FSBL and Linux to otherwise you design use old setting)

br
John

Gloria

yes, but I do not use zynq ip in my project. So I think I can not use the clk generated by zynq ip.
I want to constrain the sys_clk in my project and I do not know which pin can be use, I try the ports in the picture, but vivado says that there is no valid ports

JH

Hi,
you need PS on this module to get a on board CLK on PL available.
In case you didn't used PS, still instantiate PS with our board files (or use the test board reference design). Configure PS-PL CLKs like you want, export xsa and generate FSBL and boot.bin with this FSBL --> Configure Flash with this Boot.bin and reboot the board. Now PS is initialised and you can reprogram PL only with bitstream and you has a valid CLK.

br
John

Gloria

Hi,I get it. Thank you!