News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

don't run petalinux 2017.4 on TE0720 board

Started by Hamidshafaghi, May 06, 2021, 08:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamidshafaghi

Hi my friends .
I have two board of Trenz electronic , TE0720 (main board) and TE0701-06 (carrier board).

I go the steps in  " https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/PetaLinux+KICKstart#PetaLinuxKICKstart-PetaLinux2017.4 " for run petalinux on TE0720 but after packaging and copy BOOT.BIN and image.ub on SD card petalinux don't run !!! :(

when I use example in one file of " https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/4x5/TE0720/Reference_Design/2017.4/test_board " not problems.

The steps I have taken are as follows :
1- Install vivado 2017.4 and  petalinux 2017.4 and bsp ZED-board  (Only to test my installation)
2- Run settings.sh in petalinux folder
3- Create new project by petalinux (zynq)
4- Create new project by vivado and export hard ware (.hdf)
5- Change path of CONFIG_TMP_DIR_LOCATION variable to your project path "<plnx-proj-root>/build/tmp" manually
6- Petalinux-config --get-hw-description
7- Run:$ petalinux-config
8- Run:$ petalinux-config -c kernel
9- Run:$ petalinux-config -c rootfs
10- Run:$ petalinux-build
11- Run:$ petalinux-package --boot --fsbl /.../zynq_fsbl.elf --fpga /.../design_1_wrapper.bit  --u-boot
12- copy BOOT.BIN and image.ub from images folder to SD card

I do not know where the problem comes from?
Please help me. thanks

JH

Hi,
please read also this pdf of the old design (same place like the design file download):
te0720-test_board-vivado_2017.4-build_07_v22-20190214_0648.pdf
we have also done manually changes on the petalinx project (in step 3 you say you has generate a new one, this means really new petalinux project or did you use our template?).

sorry I can give only limited support of this old reference designs.

br
John