News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Config changes to petalinux for TE0808 v2019.2

Started by acevans, August 09, 2021, 12:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acevans

Hello,

I am trying to configure and build a petalinux project for TE0808-04-9GI21-AS. Going through the documentation at https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/trenzdownloads/Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/5.2x7.6/TE0808/Reference_Design/2019.2/StarterKit/TE0808-StarterKit-vivado_2019.2-build_15-v.41-02_04_2021.pdf on page 28 there are some variables that need to be changed. Which files do these variables need to be changed in ? I was trying to grep for these variables inside my petalinux project folder. I am using the board files for vivado and petalinux 2019.2.

Specifically these variables show up in multiple files in the petalinux project folder
Quotecomponents/plnx_workspace/sources/u-boot-xlnx/
but not in the project-spec folder :

CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR=0x50
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_BUS=2
CONFIG_SYS_EEPROM_SIZE=256
CONFIG_SYS_EEPROM_PAGE_WRITE_BITS=0
CONFIG_SYS_EEPROM_PAGE_WRITE_DELAY_MS=0
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR_LEN=1

In which of these files am I supposed to make the changes ?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello.

configuration files produced by petalinux. The better way to make these changes is to run the corresponding petalinux command and make changes in the interface. For example
run  "petalinux-config -c u-boot" command, which open the u-boot configuration interface and use the "/" key to run options search (or find needed options in menu) and then
change variable value.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

acevans

Hello,

thank you this worked. Is there a way to mark an answer as accepted or a problem as resolved ?

Thanks and Regards,
Acevans

JH

Hi,
QuoteIs there a way to mark an answer as accepted or a problem as resolved ?
No, there is no other way to mark it as solved. But thank you for asking.

br
John