News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

JTAG HS2 Cable & Xilinx versions

Started by castillo, May 14, 2013, 10:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

castillo

Hello everybody,

In the Digilent website and also here it is stated that this cable is compatible with all ISE, EDK and iMPACT tools, but somewhere else I have read that it is only compatible with versions 11, 12 and 13. I have a full license for Xilinx v10 and I cannot afford an upgrade to v13. Until now, I have been using the parallel cable without problems through a PCMCIA-LPT adapter. Now my old laptop is dead and I cannot find in the market a new one with PCMCIA (all of them come with USB). I cannot afford the 200$ USB cable from Xilinx either, so this JTAG HS2 looks like a good solution to me, as long as it is compatible with my Xilinx version. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
please take a look here at the end of this page about ISE compatibility. Its not compatibel with ISE10.
http://www.digilentinc.com/choosing.cfm

But it works with Adept tools.

best regards
Thorsten Trenz

asmartin

Quote from: castillo on May 14, 2013, 10:59:52 AM
Hello everybody,

In the Digilent website and also here it is stated that this cable is compatible with all ISE, EDK and iMPACT tools, but somewhere else I have read that it is only compatible with versions 11, 12 and 13. I have a full license for Xilinx v10 and I cannot afford an upgrade to v13. Until now, I have been using the parallel cable without problems through a PCMCIA-LPT adapter. Now my old laptop is dead and I cannot find in the market a new one with PCMCIA (all of them come with USB). I cannot afford the 200$ USB cable from Xilinx either, so this JTAG HS2 looks like a good solution to me, as long as it is compatible with my Xilinx version. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards

Hello castillo.

I suppose you use to work with impact and want to solve the compatibility problem keeping impact. Did you try USB-JTAG with ISE 10?. You can find this cable at Trenz shop (http://shop.trenz-electronic.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=243_253&products_id=513).

Regards from Spain (Málaga),
Alex