News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Error on writting to PLL chip on TE0808-5 cause revision

Started by Manuel, November 24, 2021, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manuel

Hallo
I have an TE0808-05 in my project. Now I want to program the SI5345 PLL over the I2C interface with a ClockBuilder Field Programmer and the ClockBuilder Pro Tool.
When I try to configure the pll, an error rised up because of revision B and revision D of the SI5345 Unit. Unfortunatly I can only  choose Revision D in the ClockBuilder.

Any Idea what I'm doing wrong?
Do you have example Clock Builder Projects for the TE0808-5?

JH

Hi,
we use FSBL to configure SI5345 temporary over  I2C. There is also code included to write the NVM but we have not tested this yet so it is at your own risk (you need to enable some defines to enable these features).
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0808+StarterKit

I didn't checked newest Clock Builder Pro version, but in case it does not longer include revision B, you can also ask SI Lab (now Skyworks) if they have an older version for download avialable which supports this device version.

br
John

Manuel

Thanks for your answer John.
I will contact Sky works. Do you know on which version do you have built it?

JH

Hi,
project file is available on the download. --> subfolder StarterKit\misc\SI5345
it was generated with ClockBuilder Pro v2.43 [2020-03-31]
--> when you ask  Sky works, simple ask the last version which supports the B version :-)
it can still happens that newer versions has improvements  for configuration file generation.
br
John

Manuel

It was posible to open the old Project with the new Clock Builder (V4.1).
Also it was possible to make changes and programm our te0808-5.

Many Thanks.