News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Zynqberry sound

Started by svenssonjoel, November 13, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svenssonjoel

Hello,

Could anyone point me to a source of information on how to get sound out of a zynqboard (preferably the zynqberry). Want to generate the "wave" in the FPGA and -somehow- get it to a speaker.

Most interested in doing this "baremetal", dont know if that offers any additional benefits/problems, please advice.

Thank you very much and have a great day

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

we have linux demo with sound input and output https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/TE0726/Reference_Design/2016.2/te0726_m_demo3 , but
it use DMA and can be compliacated to run it from baremetal. So if you want to make simple project you can use "AXI-Stream FIFO" core as accomulator for data, then you need to take "AXI-Stream to I2S" and  "I2S to PWM" cores from reference design. "AXI-Stream to I2S" should be modified for 32-bit data (you can simply extend input bus width to 32 bit but use only lower 16 bit). With this hardware project you can write simple software which will write data to FIFO and control overflow.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

svenssonjoel

Awesome, thanks. I will look at this design.

Will be back with further questions, if ok.

Thanks a lot and have a great day