Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Arrow USB Programmer2 / Re: cannot write to flash on Ubuntu 18.04 using Arrow programmer
« Last post by JH on August 17, 2022, 01:44:14 PM »
Hi,
I've got feedback from Arrow. Currently, they can not explain it either. The Arrow drivers make "only" the programmers visible and then it should actually the same JTAG accesses where the data is transferred.  This will be done by Quartus and intel drivers. So it should be the behaviour. So something must be different in transferring the bits over JTAG chain, depending on windows drivers and linux...and between intel programmer and ftdi programmer...
Sorry, at the moment it looks like we can not help much there.
Maybe you try one time older Ubuntu version oder older quartus version(only programmer part) to check if this works there.

br
John
Arrow USB Programmer2 / Re: cannot write to flash on Ubuntu 18.04 using Arrow programmer
« Last post by JH on August 16, 2022, 02:10:55 PM »
Hi,
I have asked Arrow if they know what the problem is.  I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer
br
John
Hi John,

yes, the problem still persists.

I will modify the setup once I am in the lab again to check if the priority changes anything, but I doubt this as we can use the programmers pretty well as long as we do not want to write to the flash.

Could you point me somewhere at Arrow to further investigate this issue?

Thanks!

Ulrich
« Last post by JH on August 15, 2022, 07:13:33 AM »
Hi,
sorry for late reply. Do you have still problems?
I'm not sure if we can help, drivers are from Arrow and we use manly WinOS.
Can you check one time priority for USB devices from udev rules:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/Arrow+USB+Programmer#ArrowUSBProgrammer-Linux
The error pattern is actually different with the problem but maybe it helps also with your issue.
br
John
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0715 ethernet link problem
« Last post by JH on August 12, 2022, 09:48:30 AM »
Hi,
We do not have a test board from Trenz, the modules are used in conjunction with our own boards which do not have an sd card
Ok. But you can program boot.bin into qspi and stop on uboot console. check if uboot get eth link with our design(dhcp or static ip....). Note: 21.2 uboot need boot.scr file from sd normally, in case it's not available it will try several boot options to find correct files...(default things from Xilinx new flow....).  Cancel this process and try to check eth with uboot commands, if you want.

In general it's hard to help you without more information and informations that contradict each other...

First your wrote:
There was a problem with the ethernet link - it does not up, and all modules with a commercial temperature range have this problem.
--> All commercial has problems...
Than:
For example, modules with serial numbers 619453, 619454 work correctly, ethernet works, but modules 619449-619451 do not establish a connection.
--> here 2 commercial works...

What's with the boot protocol from your design. One working and one failing protocol.

I've checked test reports from 619449-619451 and ETH was working before we shipped the modules.

br
John
« Last post by svedach on August 12, 2022, 08:41:38 AM »
We do not have a test board from Trenz, the modules are used in conjunction with our own boards which do not have an sd card
« Last post by JH on August 12, 2022, 07:04:09 AM »
Hi,
Unfortunately I can't use your firmware.
why?
For example, modules with serial numbers 619453, 619454 work correctly, ethernet works, but modules 619449-619451 do not establish a connection.
that's all TE0715-04-30-1C from 2020 --> all are commercial.

Can you share boot log of working and non working module?
br
John
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: Boot TE0720 problem on a custom carrier
« Last post by JH on August 12, 2022, 06:58:18 AM »
Hi,

I will check your schematics during the next week and send you feedback. It's also possible to check one time your final new revision. The check usually takes 1-2 weeks, but since it is free of charge, there is no guarantee of completeness. But it helps in all if once again someone else looks at it.
PS: I send you also short note on your email.

br
John
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: Boot TE0720 problem on a custom carrier
« Last post by joaquinlc on August 11, 2022, 02:03:45 PM »
Hi John,
Thank you for your support.
I see now the problem. I did not read properly the directions on this subjet in the TRM.

Regarding LED2, is 50/50 fast blinking (SD boot). If we remove the SD card then is slow blinking.
I send you the actual schematics to support@trenz-electronic.de. I will add in the subject "MCSERVER Schematics".
What it would be interesting for me is, once the changes be done, if you could check this new version of the schematics. Woudl it be possible? It will be available in several weeks, just to test everything before.
Regards,
Joaquin.
« Last post by svedach on August 11, 2022, 09:49:47 AM »
Unfortunately I can't use your firmware.
For example, modules with serial numbers 619453, 619454 work correctly, ethernet works, but modules 619449-619451 do not establish a connection. The project is the same for all modules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10