Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TEBF0808 regulators EOL
« Last post by giuliocreva on May 16, 2022, 09:17:05 AM »
Hi Antti

Thank you very much for the suggestion, we'll start from there.

Kind regards,
Giulio
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0720/TE0706 based design
« Last post by Antti Lukats on May 16, 2022, 09:02:16 AM »
Hi John,

Like I said, just curious. And wondering if it was for some kind of clock feedback if it was needed. But, no big deal.

Thanks for all the help,
Hartley

It was me designing those loopback, I guess I had some idea why I made those loopback but can not remember exactly what it was. The multiple feedback is maybe there for experiments with input delay module, so you can add several serializers with different io delay parameters, and then you can get many phases sampled at same time, so allowing fine grid sampling. Never used for this purpose, so just ignore all those loopbacks.
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0712: LVDS signals on +3.3V bank
« Last post by Antti Lukats on May 16, 2022, 08:56:33 AM »
Hello,

I am working on a design of a carrier board for TE0712, I am trying to use some clock capable pins for driving a number of ADCs with LVDS interface. I am able to use the banks with 2.5V supply, but the question is are the LVDS signals also available on the bank14 which is supplied from the module with fixed 3.3V supply. The ADCs have the 2.5V supply for the LVDS, I was not able to find the specifications for the LVDS signals on the 3.3V supplied bank if this is even possible.

LVDS output buffers get disabled when VCCIO is detected above 2.65V so LVDS output is not possible, input is possible without onchip termination.
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TEBF0808 regulators EOL
« Last post by Antti Lukats on May 16, 2022, 08:28:51 AM »
Hi,

there are no golden replacement options, everyone has to choose what they can purchase, the situation with component availability is really bad in these days. With our redesigns we use as MPS as favorite supplier, but they do not have all needed replacement parts, so we may also use parts from other vendors.

TEBF0808 new version schematic will be available too, in some time, so you can see what replacements we use.

as one for all replacement we use MPS3834 where ever it fits in.

br
Antti
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: te0713 pinout tracelength unit
« Last post by JH on May 16, 2022, 08:15:30 AM »
Hi,
for the sake of completeness here again the answer as with your email(without screenshots :-) ):
You are right, B2B page did not show the unit, but Conn_Pin does(select simple another carrier and you see also values of TE0713 separately there). Yes, both pages are mm.
br
John
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / TEBF0808 regulators EOL
« Last post by giuliocreva on May 13, 2022, 02:19:14 PM »
Hello

We have a base board design very similar to the TEBF0808 to use with the TE0807-03-7DE21-A module.
We are in the process of making some changes to the PCB and we noticed that all the Intel regulators (EN5335QI, EN6347QI, EN5311QI) are End Of Life and no longer stocked in most of the common distributors.

Do you have any suggested alternative to those regulators for future designs?

Thank you,
Giulio
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / te0713 pinout tracelength unit
« Last post by xilinxpadawan on May 13, 2022, 11:30:15 AM »
Hi, we are designing a custom carrier pcb for TE0713-01. 4x5 Modules pinout/trace length excel file is used as the reference file during custom carrier pcb design which is available as follows:

https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Pinout

4x5_series_pinout_tracelength.xlsx
Größe 15,06 MB / Geändert 14.03.2022 - 11:28:53

However, module trace length unit is not specified explicity at the .xlsx file B2B_pin table tab as below:

https://ibb.co/V9Cdw5f

unit for trace lengths is available at the CONN_pin_table as below after the carrier is selected:

https://ibb.co/mbHD1Fz

Module trace length match for different pins between two tables. Also, module trace length unit is available as mm for other modules such as 3.5x7.3_series_pinout_tracelength.xlsx

However, we want to be sure about the module trace length unit and also it is better for the Trenz community. Can you confirm that module trace length unit is also mm for the B2B_pin table?

Best
Xilinxpadawan
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0713 FT600 USB3 IC
« Last post by hopi on May 11, 2022, 08:49:15 PM »
Hallo John,

danke fuer die schnelle Antwort. Ich will erstmal sehen ob ich das resetten von der Pipeline auch ueber Software loesen kann. Wenn das nur schwierig zu loesen ist, komme ich gerne auf Ihren Vorschlag zurueck.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Pierre
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE-0720 EUI-48/64 Unique ID
« Last post by bigguiness on May 09, 2022, 06:25:06 PM »
John,

Thanks for the information and links. I will review them.

As far as the size of the Unique ID. 48-bit is what I needed to know. I have a need for a 64-bit value but the 11AA02E48 shows how to create an EUI-64 from the EUI-48.

Thanks,
Hartley
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0725-03-100-2I9 in field programming
« Last post by JH on May 09, 2022, 02:09:20 PM »
Hi,
There is a table in the corresponding AN pdf named "Table 11: SpiFlashProgrammer.vhd Parameters" where the parameters which need to be configured are described. Besides that only "cMicronN25Q" is supported i need information about the "SPI flash device Device ID from RDID", the SPI sector size, the SPI page size and so on.

Maybe check simple Xilinx baremetal drivers (source code is included into vitis installation (C:\Xilinx\Vitis\2021.2\data\embeddedsw)) or linux drivers (Xilinx Git), maybe you find there what you need.
br
John
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10