Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0720 VBAT_IN voltage
« Last post by bigguiness on January 31, 2023, 07:24:02 PM »
John,

I have looked at the schematic already and saw how it is connected.

Measuring the voltage from my coin cell going to the VBAT pin of the TE0720 I read 3.144V when my carrier board power is off.

Your eyes must be much better then mine. I see no easy way to measure the VBAT (pin 7) on U20. Especially without accidently shorting to GND (pin 8).

All the other possible places to measure VBAT are on the bottom side of the TE0720.

I guess I have to live with the annoying kernel messages for now. Hopefully I can figure out a fix later.

Hartley
EDDP-EDPS Support / Re: How to initialize the EDDP by BTN3
« Last post by Jason bourne on January 31, 2023, 12:47:46 PM »
Hi Andrei,

With regard to the first recommendation, I tried negating the encoder under observation.

To troubleshoot the problem, I am now using a full EDDP hardware platform and then generating the relevant hls IPs (Ipark, Iclark, Svpwm), so there will be no second problem.

best regards
Jason
« Last post by Andrei Errapart on January 31, 2023, 12:38:14 PM »
Hallo Jason,

The Vd and Vq are later rotated by "theta" in the Park Inverse transform.

No doubt you have already checked this, but just in case: have you verified encoder direction and the motor rotation direction?
Write the directions down on the motors. Verify whether they are the same for both new and old motor.

May I ask whether your new motor is bigger or smaller than the old motor? Let me note that the EDDP HW is relatively powerful and the current sensors have much more range than necessary for the small motor supplied with the EDDP. This makes the phase current readings more noisy than necessary; for a smaller motor this can be a real problem. If I remember correctly you should be able to observe the current waveforms in the Web API. Setting the mode to fixed speed might require changes to the Web UI. Then you can see yourself whether it really is a problem.

MfG,
Andrei
« Last post by Jason bourne on January 31, 2023, 12:11:27 PM »
Hi Andrei,

1:
I verified this message is fine (when you remove the encoder from the rotor and set the register "ANGLE_SH_REG" manually (increasing it step by step) in the mode MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX, the effect is the same as using MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX_FIXED_SPEED.)
And according to the code (as shown in the figure), only Vd and Vq can guide the rotation after correcting the deflection angle, without the need to manually add or subtract ANGLE_SH_REG.

2:
At the moment I can only guide the rotation by repeatedly adjusting ANGLE_SH_REG. I can't modify it once ANGLE_SH_REG and then the motor keeps turning.

best regards
Jason
« Last post by Andrei Errapart on January 31, 2023, 09:12:30 AM »
Hallo Jason,

Thirdly, whether the open loop can guide the rotation without the virtual electrical angle, and subtract the offset from the electrical angle taken by the real encoder, then guide the motor to open loop rotation through Vq.When I was using the mode MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX, I couldn't boot the motor to rotate and didn't know what was wrong.
Try various small values for the register ANGLE_SH_REG. Can you find a a small value for ANGLE_SH_REG such that the motor rotates?

Failing that, my recommendation is to start with our design and modify it in as small steps as possible into your desired design.

Regards,
Andrei
« Last post by Andrei Errapart on January 31, 2023, 08:56:14 AM »
Hallo Jason,

Before you provided me with EDDP-demo .zip files only ARM files, I want to ask if there is hardware support on the FPGA side, now the underlying hardware of EDDP projects does not support the ARM program running.

You can always use a soft-core CPU to control your system. The AXI bus is not difficult to interface with. Let me note that questions about interfacing to the AXI bus are best asked in the Xilinx forums or general VHDL forums, as there are experts on this matter.

Another option is to adopt the system to be controlled by other means. In the project "IIoT-EDDP/HLS/ARTY_Z7_FULL" the FOC receives its inputs from a "axi_reg32_0", which provides 16 control signals, each 32 bits wide. This can be used as a basis for your system (which doesn't have ARM core). Just provide some initial values for the FOC to work with.

Best regards,
Andrei
« Last post by Andrei Errapart on January 31, 2023, 08:49:25 AM »
Hallo Jason,

My apologies for the delay in answer.

Open loop means not accepting any feedback from the controlled output. Think about it - when the control system is using the feedback from the output, the information goes around in a loop and this is a closed loop system. PID control loop is an example of closed loop.

1&2:
The flowchart you draw is not open loop, because the encoder is connected to the mechanically to the output.

However, it becomes open loop when you remove the encoder from the motor.

I think I wasn't expressing clearly previously. What I meant was the following: when you remove the encoder from the rotor and set the register "ANGLE_SH_REG" manually (increasing it step by step) in the mode MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX, the effect is the same as using MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX_FIXED_SPEED.

By not taking into account the encoder readings, this is the open loop operation.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,
Andrei
« Last post by Jason bourne on January 31, 2023, 08:12:06 AM »
Hi Andrei,
Please forgive me for taking so long to reply, I have encountered some problems on my side.
Firstly, I would like to ask what is the specific definition of open loop;
Secondly, whether the flowchart I showed is an open-loop operation;
Thirdly, whether the open loop can guide the rotation without the virtual electrical angle, and subtract the offset from the electrical angle taken by the real encoder, then guide the motor to open loop rotation through Vq.When I was using the mode MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX, I couldn't boot the motor to rotate and didn't know what was wrong.

regards
Jason
« Last post by Jason bourne on January 31, 2023, 03:45:10 AM »
Hi Andrei,
Before you provided me with EDDP-demo .zip files only ARM files, I want to ask if there is hardware support on the FPGA side, now the underlying hardware of EDDP projects does not support the ARM program running.
best regards
Jason
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0720 VBAT_IN voltage
« Last post by JH on January 30, 2023, 06:55:19 AM »
Hi,
>1.8V and <5.5V, recommended 3V, see:
https://www.mouser.de/datasheet/2/698/REN_isl12020m_DST_20080922-1997818.pdf
page 1 and 6
from schematics it's supplied by VBAT or internal 3.3V, see:
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/4x5/TE0720/REV04/Documents
schematic page 14

RTC is on top side (U20), see AD page 1.
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/4x5/TE0720/REV04/Documents
Maybe measure one time what you see there.
br
John
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10