Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thank you.  I have been able to get Ethernet to work after migrating to the 2017.1 tools.  It shows up in ifconfig and can ping out.  Now, I am working on my actual petalinux application.  The"hello world" works fine.  Is there any good code examples that implement Ethernet comms for this platform?

Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: Petalinux installation
« Last post by bentho on Today at 05:04:43 PM »
Thank you John for answering my desperate call for help :)

I changed strategy and started with the supplied petalinux projects for demo 1 and 3.
Now I can build a new OS image using hardware description files for those demos.
I was also able to generate a boot file BOOT.BIN by petalinux-package command and the hardware starts up nicely with the Trenz demo1 for ZynqBerry.

- Is it the first stage boot loader (FSBL) supplied by Trenz that includes the screen image during boot sequence?
   This image disappears if I use an FSBL generated within Vivado environment using Xilinx template.
   (I can still log in and access OS)

- What I also experienced is that the RPI camera does not start if I use another FSBL then the one supplied by Trenz.
   Is it possible that an additional initialization of the camera has been included into the Trenz FSBL?
   I saw that rpicam is an application run from init.sh. I think that one is programming the sensor registers over I2C.
- Is there source code available for rpicam? I don't know if petalinux tools is fetching that application over github or how it ends up under /bin?
  rpicam must be something coming from the Raspberry Pi community?

Anyway I am smiling now because I'm starting to understand something about this tool.
/Benny
Hi,
i should get a TE0728  with carrier this week. I will generate a design and let you know whats happens.
br
John
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / Re: TE0701 FTDI programming
« Last post by Thorsten Trenz on Today at 03:37:07 PM »
Hi,
please sent the serial number of the TE0701 to support@trenz-electronic.de

Best Regards,
Thorsten Trenz
Trenz Electronic FPGA Modules / TE0701 FTDI programming
« Last post by gae.nugnes on Today at 03:24:54 PM »
Hi,
i try to program my FPGA (TE0741) mounted on TE0701. But when i insert usb cable in my pc, the target board was not detected. I saw that FTDI 2232H is blank device, and i don't know how to program it. How do i program my board? Could anyone help me with these issues?
No luck. Connected the interrupt but during the boot process it now hangs at 'Configuring network interfaces'. See below.

Code: [Select]
random: dd urandom read with 5 bits of entropy available
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory
Starting internet superserver: inetd.
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
Configuring network interfaces...
I just got my TE0820-02-03CG-1E board, with the TE0706-02 carrier board, and the TE0790-02 FTDI JTAG adapter, and I'm trying to get things running for the first time.

I've installed Vivado 2017.1, and am using the reference design here:  https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/TE0820/Reference_Design/2017.1/test_board

In Vivado, when I try to connect to the target, I get this:

> connect_hw_server
> INFO: [Labtools 27-2285] Connecting to hw_server url TCP:localhost:3121

And then at the top:  No hardware target is open.  I'm not sure I have the machine set up correctly to use the JTAG-over-USB ... how do I do that?

I've created and compiled a "Hello World" application, and I'm trying to run that on the ARM processor.  When I try, I get a pop-up window saying "Could not find ARM device on the board for connection 'Local'."

Help!

Hello,

yes, you can use all PS blocks/interfaces, but there should be no PL bus access while PL part is not programed. Single register read or write transfer at this time will hang entire system.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko
But normal memory access and network operations from Linux is ok?
Only if one uses some FPGA elements like video en/decoder or FPGA audio there might be a problem?
The only FPGA logics I intend to use does talk to applications in linux that I have control of, so would just have to shut them down before reconfiguring the PL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10