News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0726 ZynqBerry: problem in changing rpi-camera resolution at demo1

Started by kiencv, January 10, 2019, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiencv

Hi,

I tried changing resolution from 1296x968p30 to 1280x720p30 by replacing the variable in function "i2c_set_write" in the rpi-camera app. It worked ok.
However, when I continued to change resolution to 640x480p90, the screen didn't change anything. It did't display anything from the camera. It was still the same as the starting screen. I looked into the header file "sensor_config" and there were no notes about this configuration.
My question is, if this 640x480 config is usable or not. I would like to use this config without changing anything in fpga, fsbl, device tree. Is it possible ?

Regards,

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

640x480 configuration was never tested before in this project as it smaller than usual screen resolution. If you going to use it please check if camera interface produces video stream to DMA.
Configurations in sensor_config were taken from a driver for this sensor, but not all tested.
You can't use this configuration without changing FPGA as a resolution is smaller as framebuffer so even if you have video stream it will be processed incorrectly. Video datapath contain crop function so
bigger resolutions can work but smaller not.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

kiencv

It's a little bit sad hearing this :( Anyway, thank you for your reply

Regards,