News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Hello world in zynqberry TE0726-03R

Started by qwaserdf, November 16, 2018, 10:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwaserdf

*****Solved, can be erased*****

Good night everyone. I am really strugling to get my TE0726-03R module working (The one without some connectors, like HDMI).

My vivado version installed is 2017.3.

First I have been trying to programm the device as I always have with other different boards, such as pynq or zybo. A simple block design with only the Zynq PS block, in a XC7Z010CLG225 project, running the block automation. everything ok until generating bitstring and trying to program the device. It automatically detects and connects to ir properly, but when I try to progamm I get the "ERROR: [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW" error.

I tried both from Vivado or SDK but none of them got to programm it. Is this module able to be programmed through USB cable??

I also followed this simple tutorial to program it through the SD card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGgPLgnntRk
Impossible to get anything in the TeraTerm terminal. If I start the debugger in SDK, RLED stays lighting red so I guess some communication is going on, but I can't get anything printed anyway.

Last try was to download the reference design for version 2016.4 from "https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/special/TE0726/Reference_Design/2016.4/test_board". I followed what is said here "https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/Vivado+Projects" but vivado_create_project_guimode.cmd can't find settings64.bat file. I guess it is a versions issue, because that file is just there.

Is there any method  100% sure of working in this board I could try?? I am starting to think the board is damage.

Edit: I installed version 2018.2 of vivado and try again with the reference design of trenz. I am getting this error: "ERROR: [BD 5-216] VLNV <xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.5> is not supported for the current part." . Something I don't understand is why the device project automatically  selected by the reference design is xc7k70tfbv676-1, when actually the one on the board is xc7z010clg225-1.

Thank you all, best regards.

JH

Hi,
Quote*****Solved, can be erased*****
Ok, so everything is OK now?

PS: Scripts works only with the predefined Vivado version.
You must set the correct vivado base installation path (if you changed from default) and set assembly version on the design_basic_setting.cmd(edit with texteditor like notpad++). part name on the cmd parameter must be the same like included into /board_files_TE0706_board_files.cvs (scripts compare the strings from the table entry and if nothing is found, it will starts vivado without board part files and device selected).
In case you has still problems, please let me know.

br
John

qwaserdf

Good afternoon JH, and thank you for replying.

The problem was I chose as my board TE0726-03R, as my invoice said I have. Then the project was created with xc7k70tfbv676-1 as target device. I tried with TE0726-03M, and then everything worked since the project was created for my actual device xc7z010clg225-1.

I can't exactly tell what is the issue, if my invoice is wrong and I don't have the TE0726-03R but the TE0726-03M (The one I have is thinkberry without some connectors such as HDMI, USB, Eth, etc..) or the .cmd choose the device creating the projects.

Apart from that. It would be really apreciate in case you could copy a link of a tutorial about how programming the device from the SD card instead of through the JTag.

Best regards.

JH

Hi,
maybe some typo? I've checked on my place project will be generated with "@set PARTNUMBER=TE0726-03R" on design basic_settings.cmd.  "@set PARTNUMBER=2" is also possible.
scripts compare with the csv list from /board_files/TE0726_board_files.csv
If they didn't find a match, they will use all default.

If you has connectors not soldered, you has the R Variant with 128MB RAM only. If you use project for the M Variant the system things 512MB are available, this works as long as you work only the the 128MB area of the DDR. So please use correct one and let me know if you has still problems to generate the project.

The CLG225 packages doesn't allow primary boot from SD, see:
So Boot.bin must be on QSPI and linux files can be done on SD, see:In case you didn't change PS configuration between your programming files, you can also do:br
John

qwaserdf

Thank you very much. I will have a look to the documentation you stated.

Best regards.