News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Used pins HP for modules Kintex serie 7

Started by acmmmm, October 16, 2018, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acmmmm

Hi everyone, i need used HP pins of Kintex 7. Is there a Kintex module that uses these pins?

Regards

JH

Hi,
we have currently only two  7 series  Kintex boards:

• TE0741 module without usable HP banks.
  • TEF1001 PCIe Card with FMC but on FMC are only HR available. HP are used for DDR
Is UltraScale also an option for you?
If yes, we have an UltraScale Kintex module with HP banks available:br
John

acmmmm

thank you Jhon!!. The information about this FPGA was very useful. ;D ;D

I bought TE0841 with TEBA0841 as carrier board and a Jtag programmer but i have doubt.

in TMR of TE0841 is recommeded 3,3v and 3A for system startup and the carrier board(TEBA0841) recommend 4A. Do i need 7A or 4A for the full system startup?? and what comercial Power Supply is recommend by trenz for supply this FPGA??

REGARDS.

JH

Hi,

one power supply unit with min 3A should be enough to start.

TEBA0841 is very simple and has no power connector. It's simple board to get access to IO, MGT loopback and one SFP.
You must connect 3.3V to one of the 3.3V power pins. I would recommend to use laboratory power supply with this carrier. You will source the module directly and with TEBA0841 there is no power protection circuit on the carrier.

In case you use MGTs, you must also add heat sink otherwise board will be come hot very fast!
Power consumption depends mainly on your design and cooling solution. Xilinx provide power estimator:
You should check XADC over Vivado HW manager from time to time to check temperature. Xilinx specified junction temperature on the data sheet:
XADC temp should be below this temperature. Commercial <85°C and in case of industrial <100°C if you come over the limit, current will be rise very fast and FPGA can be damaged.

br
John

acmmmm

Hi Jhon,

I really appreciate your advice.  ;) ;)
I prefer use in this case, to use a comercial power supply and not laboratory power supply because i need make experiment in several places.

I dont use MGT loopback but i go to use heat sink just in case. i dont want to have accidents with the hot  ;D

Thank you for help and excuse me the loss of your time.
Regards.