News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

USB OTG to read from PenDrive TE0701+TE0720

Started by koray, September 19, 2018, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koray

Hello,
I'm using TE0720 and carrier board TE0701-06.
I would like to know, how can i use USB OTG to reach PenDrive?
Is it possible with standalone project or freertos project?
There is hardware part on TE0720 board, but I have no idea about softpart.
Could you please suggest example project or guide for this?

Thanks,
Koray

JH

Hello,

reference Design is configured as host mode:

But PenDrive? You would boot from USB? For 7 series Zynq this is only possible as secondary boot. So for example Boot.bin (with FSBL, UBoot and optional Bitfile) on QSPI or SD and Uboot get access to USB:

For OTG you must change linux config, see:

There are also barematel drivers for usb available, but I never tried out this:

br
John

koray

Thanks John,

referrence design is using petalinux. But it is not possible for my application. It has to be standalone or freertos project.

I don't need to boot FPGA from pendrive. I just want to reach file names in pendrive.

I find similar subject on xilinx forum. They said that bare metal drivers just for device mode.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/USB-storage-using-bare-metal-application-On-Zedboard/m-p/745825/highlight/true#M19164

to use as HOST or OTG, I have to write own costumized drivers.  As you share below, there is an example for bare metal device mode.
but I'm looking for how can i write my own driver for this. There is so many registers and configurations.

Could you suggest anything for that?

Thanks,
Koray

JH

Hi,
I've not experience to write drivers, so I can't help.

Zynq register descriptions and so one:

Maybe ask on Xilinx forum, maybe somebody can help there how you write your own drivers. But I think it will be not so easy to implement USB OTG , if xilinx does not support it on his default drivers.

br
John