News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

FPGA boot up identification

Started by Varun, July 16, 2018, 01:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varun

Hello,

I have few doubt on the following pin in the module.(TE0712 Artix 7 200T)

1. PGOOD: Active low when EN1 is low or module power is invalid.( as of TRM)  --> I am having an external micro-controller to communicate with FPGA. I want to start communicating after FPGA is configured and came to initial state.
My question : My understanding of PGOOD(when high) is to identify that module power up is good and module is ready to configure  or I can use this pin(when high) to indicate microcontoller that FPGA is configured and reached initial state and ready to communicate.
(If this pin cannot be used like this, then I would like to know whether I can use I/O  to indicate microcontroller or any other default PIN in FPGA can say this information).

2. RESIN: When this  pin goes low, it can reset the complete FPGA(like bring everything to initial state and reset the BRAM), my understanding is correct?

Thanks,
Varun

JH

Hi,

• PGOOD is only power state and indicates that the SoC is ready to program.
    To indicate that's your System is ready, use for example one of the FPGA IOs. Add external strong pulldown between this pin and your microcontroller input and drive this active to high, if your design is ready.
  • Yes, it reset current configuration and starts reboot after it's  is released again.
brJohn

Varun

Hi John,

Thanks for the detailed information.

Regards,
Varun