News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Boot problems TE0703+TE0720

Started by chi, May 29, 2018, 05:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chi

Hello,

I have an issue with a TE0720 booting from SD card (jumper S2-4 on TE0703 ON). I use the TE0720 reference design (Vivado and petalinux version 2017.4) and receive the following console output when trying to boot petalinux:

Xilinx First Stage Boot Loader (TE modified)
Release 2017.4  May 29 2018-14:41:12

Device IDCODE ->        23727093
Revision ->     2
Device ->       7 (7z020)

SoM: TE0720-03-1C  F SC REV:05
MAC: D8 80 39 DF 06 1B

U-Boot 2017.01 (May 29 2018 - 13:53:14 +0200)

Board: Xilinx Zynq
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  ECC disabled 1 GiB
MMC:   sdhci_transfer_data: Error detected in status(0x208000)!
sdhci@e0100000: 0 (SD), sdhci@e0101000: 1 (eMMC)
SF: Detected s25fl256s_64k with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 32 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   ZYNQ GEM: e000b000, phyaddr 0, interface rgmii-id
eth0: ethernet@e000b000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
SF: Detected s25fl256s_64k with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 32 MiB
device 0 offset 0x200000, size 0x800000
SF: 8388608 bytes @ 0x200000 Read: OK
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 01000000 ...
   Using 'conf@1' configuration
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... OK
   Trying 'kernel@1' kernel subimage
     Description:  PetaLinux Kernel
     Type:         Kernel Image
     Compression:  gzip compressed
     Data Start:   0x010000f0
     Data Size:    7477018 Bytes = 7.1 MiB
     Architecture: ARM
     Load Address: 0x00008000
     Entry Point:  0x00008000
     Hash algo:    crc32
     Hash value:   9c7c0856
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... crc32 error!
Bad hash value for 'hash@1' hash node in 'kernel@1' image node
Bad Data Hash
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

This error occured after trying to use tftpboot (unsuccessfully) and setting the jumper S2-4 on the TE0703 to off (boot from QSPI enabled).
I dont quite understand the error message, but it looks like the module is still trying to boot from QSPI.
Furthermore the U-Boot Version is stated with 2017.1, but the FSBL loader prints the correct version 2017.4.
Previously everything worked fine with the same SD card and with the prebuilt reference design.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this issue?
Thanks ahead.

JH

Hi,
did you save your uboot environment as you tried to tft boot?
If yes, uboot used your old settings instead of default which is included into Boot.bin uboot from SD.
Can you clear Flash with Vivado (is the same as programming but do not select programming and verification part).
Or stop on uboot console (type something on console befor linux on countdown for linux boot) and clear environment: env default -a

Can you try out please?

br
John

chi

Hi,

clearing the Flash with Vivado helped (env default -a on the uboot console did not).

Thank you for the advice!

manili

Hello.
I have exacly the same problem. How can I clear my Flash?
Thanks a lot.

JH

Hi,

like you configure Flash with vivado. Do only select clear flash and blank check and deselect the programming and verify checkbock.

br
John

manili

Hello JH,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Currently my problem is that the Vivado 2018.3 does not recognizes my module so I can not program the Flash. AFAIK when we connect a board to the computer the "Hardware Manager" could find it automatically. But currently there is no sign of the board in Hardware Manager (even by creating a connection manually). Any idea ...?

JH

Hello,
power is OK?

What is the status of the LEDs?
Which carrier did you use? Also TE0703?
Can you change boot mode to SD, power off/on and check again?
br

John

manili

Hi JH,
Thanks a lot for the reply. I can not connect to the Vivado yet, but it seems that I can now use my SD card for booting the OS. This would somewhat solve my problem.
Thanks a lot for your help.

JH

Hi,
ok fine. let me know when you need help to check your JTAG problem. In this case I need maybe some more information.
Which carrier, JTAG programmer, OS on PC, Vivado version...
br
John

manili

Dear John,
I just solved the problem. I figured out that I didn't installed the proper driver from the Digilent site. After installing the "Adept 2 Runtime" from here, my problem solved.
I downloaded the "test-board" suite from Trenz site and then used this article (QSPI part) to reprogram my flash memory.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Manili

JH

Dear Manili,

thanks for your feedback.

PS: Normally it's not needed to install special drivers from digilent. Xilinx Vivado installation with Xilinx JTAG drivers are enough. Do you use some older or special OS?

br
John

manili

Dear John,
Thanks a lot for your active supporting, and sorry for the delay. I use ubuntu 16.04 and I guess I did not install the drivers properly during Vivado suite installation process. I myself have a ZCU104 board and use SmartLynq to program it so I did not face this issue before. Maybe that's the reason that I need to install the drivers.

JH

Hi,
maybe on your other boards USB/JTAG conversion didn't based on FTDI, so this drivers wasn't needed.
But thanks for feedback.
br
John