News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Hello World SKD Project boot problem on TE0720 + TE0701

Started by _dave, May 29, 2018, 03:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_dave

I try to follow the Hello World Example in the SDK Project page [1]. Since I use vivado 2017.4, I choose the zynq_fsbl_flash.elf from the testboard reference design [2]. When flashing the device, I get the message that the verify and the flash operation were successfull. Now, if I restart the device, Putty reading out the COM port to which the FPGA is connected, remains black.

Interestingly, if I now debug the code in the SDK as described in [1], the SDK tells me that the DONE pin on the target FPGA is not high. If I still continue to launch the application, I get the desired hello world output in Putty.

So it seems to me that probably the FSBL doesn't work correctly. Do I need to change some of the settings to make this work?

I use a TE0720 with a TE0701 and Vivado 2017.4.

[1] https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/SDK+Projects
[2] https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0720+Test+Board#TE0720TestBoard-Download

JH

Hi,

is there a SD card in the SD Card slot of the TE0701?
If yes, boot mode is set automatically to SD boot. In this case Zynq try to find the Boot.bin on SD.
If not, can you try following:
There was also a prebuilt boot.bin included with "Hello TE0720" in endless loop. Can you try out this please?
Which assembly version did you bought?
You must select the correct on from "test_board\prebuilt\boot_images\<short dir name>\hello_te0720

br
John

_dave

Hi John,

I tried both, booting with SD-Card and without. With SD-Card, the chip boots the Boot.bin from the card as expected.

I flashed the prebuilt boot.bin with the "Hello TE0720" in endless loop. This works as well (SD-Card removed). Therefore I assume something went wrong, when building my own boot.bin.

I bought the te0720-03-2ifc8 assembly version.

_dave

So I created a new hello world project according to the instructions and somehow it works. I left all settings default, not sure what went wrong the first time. Nevertheless. thank you for your help!

JH

Hi,

maybe first time you used wrong PS setting (from other assembly option or maybe you changed something?). If PS initialisation during FSBL boot fails, boot process stops.

But it's good to here, that it works now.

br
John