News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720 board initialization file

Started by dave74321, May 21, 2018, 04:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave74321

https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/TE0720/DDR3+SDRAM

states "Setting the DDR3 configuration for the TE0720 is straightforward...Optimal delays are not zero, so it is recommended to load the board initialization file were correct delays are pre-defined."

Where is the "board initialization file" to obtain the training delay values? (for TE0720-03-1CFA)

Thanks

JH

Hi,
it's included into the reference design, for different vivado versions:
PS: your document link is from an older documentation. We put this to our archive to until we have transferred a important notes from this older documentation.
To get all sources and documents, follow links from:brJohn

dave74321

Thank JH for the links.

I generated a Vivado example design so that I could see the training delay values that were used.

I now use those in my design - I'll ignore all the critical warnings I now get (e.g. Parameter : PCW_UIPARAM_DDR_DQS_TO_CLK_DELAY_0 has negative value -0.001 . PS DDR interfaces might fail when entering negative DQS skew values.)

JH

Hi,

set DQS to zero. It's only for initial training and ddr is closed to FPGA. Negative value works also. In one of the older vivado versions neg. value was allowed.
I will change this on the board part files in one of the next design updates.

br
John