News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Increase the clock frequecncy generate by Si5338A on TE0712-02

Started by Varun, May 10, 2018, 07:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varun

Hi,

I am using TE0712-02 (Artix7 200T 2c) module and TE0701 carrier board. In this module, I would like to increase the clock frequency i.e sys_clk(clk3 output port of SI5338). As per the data sheet of Si5338A maximum output clock generate can be of 350MHz (SSTL).

While searching I got a forum post "Topic: Changing Si5338A frequency on TE0712-02" . In that it was pointed to a link of a reference design to update the SI5338A.
But in that, there is no information about how much clock frequency increased from the default one.

As per TE0712 TRM, "clk3" is used as sys_clk. I would like to know how much increase in the clock frequency for "clk3".

Also the reference design show that, the MCS data will be flashed inside quad SPI flash memory.

So every time when I powerup the board SI5338A will get configured right? and when I erase the SPI flash, the SI5338A will come to default state i.e 50MHz as sys_clk?

If the above understand is correct. In that case how I can configure SI5338A permanently to get the maximum output frequency?

Thanks,
Varun

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello Varun,

> But in that, there is no information about how much clock frequency increased from the default one.
You can make your own clock configuration changing sw_lib\sw_apps\scu\src\register_map.h configuration file.
This file should be generated by "ClockBuilder Desktop - Si5338-34-35-56" program from SI.
> If the above understand is correct. In that case how I can configure SI5338A permanently to get the maximum output frequency?
If you want to change frequency, you have to add SCU block from reference project to your project and make your own clock configuration.
Each time after boot up this block will reconfigure Si5338.
NVM configuration of Si5338 can't be programmed onboard, (this operation required special hardware from Si).

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko