News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720 MAC Address issue

Started by blsmith_g3, May 03, 2018, 08:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blsmith_g3

I have a TE0720-7s board and the TE0703-5 board, I am trying to get the MAC Address set from the EEPROM, but I have a few issues:
1. When I build (petalinux-build) and run my fsbl it does not seem to pull in the te_fsbl_hooks.c
2. even when I use the prebuilt fsbl (prebuilt/software/te0720_7s/zynq_fsbl.elf) the MAC address is not carried from FSBL into uboot, I assumed this would work.
3. How do I build the FSBL that is compiled in prebuilt/software/te0720_7s/zynq_fsbl.elf ? I cannot create/rebuild it...

Thanks

blsmith_g3

I used the 2017.1 test_board as the starting point. I've visited those pages countless times but I have zero idea what anyone means by "Add te_fsbl_config.h, te_fsbl_hooks.h te_fsbl_hooks.c, and includ into fsbl_hooks.c" how do you do this correctly? I have found the te_* files but cannot for the life of me figure out how to make petalinux build those into the FSBL it generates.

Also, I'd like to be able to build WITHOUT the TE:: tcl scripts. Once I figure out how to build the FSBL I think I'll be moving to a straight yocto build system and do away with petalinux if possible.

JH

Hi,

on 2017.1 reference design, it didn't work because Uboot changes are missing. That's one of the reasons I start with wiki documentation, to get a change history of the designs.

As you can see on the last answer with links to wiki, 2 changes are necessary :

• FSBL --> Code is on "test_board\sw_lib\sw_apps\zynq_fsbl" you can rewrite on default fsbl or use our template as SDK template, like default Xilinx FSBL.
  • Uboot --> "test_board\os\petalinux\project-spec\meta-user\recipes-bsp\u-boot\files\platform-top.h
You must use TE Scriptsonly one time for project generation. All other steps can be done without TE script. This is all described on Xilinx documentation.
br
John