News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Programming my FPGA

Started by asmabdg, April 11, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmabdg

Hi,
I am using a TE0715-04 SoM module mounted on TE0701-06 carrier-board. I wanted to program my FPGA via the mini USB connector. In the hardware manager, the device is well detected but when I tried to download the bitstream to the FPGA I got this error : [Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW
I don't see what is the problem exactly. Could anyone help me please?

JH

Hi,
which power supply did you use?
which assembly version of TE0715-04?
Can you try out our reference design please:
PS: Programming bitfiles should works, but Zynq PS is not initialized with bitfile programming only, so no PS-PL CLK is available.
br
John

asmabdg

Thank you very much for your answer,
I powered the TE0701 board with the barrel jack 12V.
My SoC module is TE0715-04-30-1IA.

I didn't use the Zynq PS, I am just using the PL of my FPGA, that's why I just need to send the .bit file to the board.

JH

What's the current limit? During Programming FPGA needs more current, if this is not enough, system restarts and Vivado did not recognised this.

If you use PL only, i think pure FPGA is the better choice, but's your decision.

Can you try out at first our reference design (there is a prebuilt boot.bin included). Put this on SD and reboot. Does this work.

For  TE0715-04-30-1IA is nearly the same like te0715-04-30-1i only different flash (i must update reference design list with this new assembly option). short dear from the prebuilt folder is "   04_30_1i".

Can you also check LED Status on TE0715:
br
John