News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

zynqberry build u-boot

Started by svenssonjoel, March 21, 2018, 12:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svenssonjoel

Hello all,

Have anyone managed to build a u-boot.elf that works for the zynqberry from the source at github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xilinx ?

If one browses the web with newbie eyes on how to build linux for zynq one can quickly get very very confused.

The petalinux approach to making a linux I have gotten to run (also after headaches ;) ) and that procedure creates a u-boot.elf at one point.
Now it seems one cannot mix and match these things. So if going the route of building linux based on the source found at github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx, you cannot hack in a u-boot generated by petalinux.

So when following for example this outline of steps: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Build+kernel, eventually it is time to build u-boot. But doing so depends on there being a pre-made "config" for the target platform.

I am asking because i need to build and run the "linux-xlns" at a specific tag/branch where a patch applies (checkout xilinx-v2015.4). But I cannot get through the steps, as they are presented, in any of the "how to build linux for the zynq"-tutorials.

If anyone have insights on this topic, I am very grateful :)

Best regards!

JH

Hello,

Petalinux used also Xilinx Github. Check Petalinux Config, you can change repo for the most thinks. So link to your local u-boot repository is maybe an option for you to change uboot source code directly.
Petalinux is Yocto based, so you can also add on recipes:
But i've not much experience with yocto.

Create all manually from github is of course also possible.

br
John