News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Interface USB mouse and keyboard in TE0712+TE0701

Started by Varun, March 01, 2018, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varun

Hi,

I am using Micromodule TE0712 and carrier board TE0701. I would like to know, how can I interface USB keyboard and mouse to it. From the TRM of TE0701, it is mentioned like USB transceiver on-board, but I am not able to see anything like that. USB OTG(P/N) is there, with this I don't no how to interface the USB device.

Could you suggest some design step to interface USB(keyboard & Mouse) with TE0712+TE0701?

Thanks,
Varun

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello Varun,

TE0701 baseboard was initially developed for TE0720 Zynq module which have hardware USB controller in PS.
To use USB in Artix module your project requires USB controller softcore, which is usually not free. So we don't have example project with USB interface for Artix modules.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

Varun

Hi Oleksandr Kiyenko,

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there any external module(board), which contains USB host controller with USB connector. So I can connect directly to TE0701 IO pins which is mapped with Artix 7 FPGA IO pins.

Because I required only position(x&y) movement of mouse and key information of keyboard.
Could you please suggest some information on this?

Thanks,
Varun

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hi Varun,

the fastest solution is to use TE0720 module with Petalinux. This way you will have hardware part (PHY and controller) and software part (drivers for keyboard and mouse in Linux). So you can pass keyboard events and mouse position to your FPGA core. Implement all this staff: PHY as an additional hardware module, USB controller in logic and USB driver + HID driver as baremetal application will take a long time and will cost much more.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko