News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Display Port TE0803-03-3EG-1A-S

Started by jlamp, February 26, 2018, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlamp

Hi!

I wanted to use the Display Port of the TE0803-03-3EG-1A-S StarterKit, can I use it out of the box with the images you provide?

Do I need some compatible monitor to make it work? Are there any examples or good documentation?

Thanks!

Jorge

JH

Hi,

Xilinx has a list of compatible monitors:
But with newer Vivado Versions, also other monitors are supported. On my place it works with DELL U2412M. Also some 4k Monitore works, but i've no list. You must try out.
With 2017.4 Reference Design prebuilt files, monitor should start, if it is supported. Description and Download link:br
John

jlamp

Hi John,

I've been looking at the list of compatible monitors and I see that everyone has Display Port connection but have you used DP-to-HDMI adapters?

When I type next commands I have:

# ls /sys/class/drm/
card0       card0-DP-1  controlD64  version

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0-DP-1/status
disconnected

The presence of the card0, card0-DP-1, and controlD64 entities in the /sys/class/drm folder indicates that the DIsplayPort was successfully configured and enabled.

From https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67462.html
QuoteDP-to-HDMI adapters currently do not work out of the box, and even in the future there will likely only be a subset of adapters that might work

Do you know any adapter that works? I bought this one from amazon https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B015OW3M1W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but not signal is arriving to my monitors, everything is in black.

Thank you for your help,

Jorge.

JH

Hi,

sorry i can't help with this. I've not DP to HDMI adapter on my place. I've tried DP to DVI adapter on my DELL monitor with 2017.4 reference design and it doesn't work out of the box. If i connect DP directly, i get an output of the console.

br
John

jlamp

After having tried three different DP to HDMI Active adapters with no luck I bought DELL U2414H monitor and I finally get an output using display port to mini display port adapter.

Thanks,

Jorge