News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

touch panel for ZCU102

Started by mata, March 13, 2018, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mata

Hi all
I was wondering if there is a touch panel that can be easily interfaced with the ZCU102 evaluation board (PS side).
My aim is to control my application which runs on Linux, using a very simple User Interface (UI) and for this I am looking for a touch panel (7inch max) that could be interfaced with the ZCU102 board on the PS side.

Thank you in advance 

JH

Hi,

did you also post on Xilinx forum some time ago?
I think you can connect one over PL side. But it seems there is no ready to use solution available.
Maybe this is a possible solution:Check, if PMOD connector pinout on ZCU102 is compatible and how to work with this on FPGAs.

Or search for other touch panel which was used with FPGAs.

br
John

mata

Hi JH
Yes its me posted in the Xilinx forum.
I am looking a solution that would be connected over the PS side.
I will check the PmodMTDS although the PMOD on the ZCU102 is connected of the PL side.

I am surprised that ready solutions do not exist for such a popular embedded system....

Regards

JH

Hi,

you can use mouse and keyboard ofer usb and monitor over DP. Xilinx has an example with ubuntu on his ZC102,
We have an debian dektop example for our TE0808 Starterkit (currently 2017.1, but we will update):So touch panel is not needed normally.

br
John