News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0820 + TE0701 HDMI

Started by Mhrc, February 15, 2018, 01:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhrc

Hi,
i have a working Design for Hdmi-Output on Zedboard, which also uses the ADV7511-Chip.
Now i want to switch to the TE0820 Module with TE0701 Board and i can't even communicate with the ADV7511 via I2C.

According to the TRM of TE0701, the CPLD is also connected to the Hdmi-I2C. So do i have to configure the CPLD first?
I am also confused about the Voltages, because the HP-Bank 65 only allows a maximum Voltage of 1.8V, but according to the Schematic, the Hdmi-I2C is pulled up to VIOTA, which has 2.5V or 3.3V.

So can u tell me, what exactly i have to do, the get the Hdmi-Output working on my Module and Board combination?
(I already have the Reference Design, which is designed for TE0720 + TE0701, so the Software for ADV7511 I2C should be correct.)

Edit: I forgot to mention, that i use a bare metal design without Petalinux.

JH

Hi,

at the moment we have no TE0820 design with HDMI, only this one you found with TE0720 module ( https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0720+HDMI701 ). TE0720 project is on download. If you use Linux or not is not so important on this example. So you can reuse  design parts ton TE0820.

VIOTA is configurable over DIP, 2.5V, 3.3V or FMC_VADJ. FMC_VADJ can be configured over I2C or DIP. ON TE0701 REV06 there is a new DIP to set this directly
For FMC_VADJ configuration or CPLD description of TE0701 see also:CPLD is configured with description on the Wiki page. If you have a older board maybe an older variant of CLPD Firmware. Changes of CPLD Firmware should be not needed for HDMI, but source code is also available:br
John

Mhrc

Thanky you, John.

I have REV06 of the Board and could just set FMC_VADJ to 1.8V.
Then i set VIOTA to FMC_VADJ via Jumpers and the I2C-Communication with ADV7511 worked.

Additional:
Its also necessary to change the VHDL-Code of your "video_io_to_hdmi"-IP-Core of the Reference Design.
On the Zynq Ultrascale, there are different I/O-Ressorces and ODDR is not available anymore.
You have to change it to ODDRE1, which is a bit different.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug571-ultrascale-selectio.pdf

Am I allowed to change your Core?

br
Chris

JH

Hi,

yes you can change our IPs or reuse parts of them, like you prefer. IP Source are in the subfolder "test_board\ip_lib" of the project. This is only a demo IP to get faster startup with our TE0701 carrier and HDMI.

br
John

Mhrc