News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0745 questions

Started by Håkan, October 29, 2017, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Håkan

Hello,

we are planning a module (carrier board) for use in experimental physics where a large number of I/O connected to an FPGA are needed, in turn configured by a CPU.
We have successfully tested our existing codes on TE0726 (ZynqBerry), both VHDL and the controlling programs on the CPU.  We are particularly happy with the ease of setup and having a plain and full Debian OS installation.  (Where additional packages can be just apt-getted.)
We knew from start that TE0726 not has nearly enough I/O pins, but have identified TE0745 (-02-30) as a suitable candidate, with even more I/O pins than we actually require today.

Some questions:

- The TE0726 was quite easy to get running - flash boot-loader via the USB interface, write the debian-OS-image to an uSD card, insert, repower, and then it was running.
  The TE0745 documentation has some blanks...

Is it a similar process for the TE0745?
  Or is it even easier - in the documentation there is a switch which allows booting directly from the SD card (no flashing required)?

- Does this then require the XMOD FTDI JTAG Adapter?

- Is there a Debian image for the TE0745?
  Perhaps the same image as for the TE0726 just works?

- Would the heatsink for the TE0745 completely obscure any interesting LEDs?

- A normal lab power supply for 24 V is what is needed to power the TEB0745?

JH

Hello,
QuoteIs it a similar process for the TE0745?
  Or is it even easier - in the documentation there is a switch which allows booting directly from the SD card (no flashing required)?
You can use SD boot only, with Boot.bin and image.ub on SD.
- Is there a Debian image for the TE0745?
  Perhaps the same image as for the TE0726 just works?
Use TE0726 debian scripts with TE0745 petalinux project (change Files system to SD instead of RAMDisk, before you generate debian).
Quote- Would the heatsink for the TE0745 completely obscure any interesting LEDs?
Yes a little bit,but i think you should see both LEDs from side . They are close to the side.

Quote- A normal lab power supply for 24 V is what is needed to power the TEB0745?
yes 24V

PS: 745 Reference Design:

br
John