News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Zynq-7100 BSP

Started by mishuk, October 27, 2017, 10:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishuk

Hello!

I`m using Zynq-7100 board with Petalinux 2017.2 project.  Petalinux workflow starts project with BSP.  It is much more convenient than creating project from the very beginning as you described here: https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/PetaLinux+KICKstart.  Before Zynq-7100 I used to work with Zedboard. Xilinx BSP for zedboard contains properly formed configuration files to build fsbl, u-boot, linux kernel and rootfs along with pre-build images.  But there are no Xilinx BSP for Zynq-7100.

My question is: could you provide BSP for the board desired? 

JH

Hello,
did you mean "TE0782-02-100-2I"? It's currently the only Trenz module with XC7Z100 SoC, see:

We have a reference design (with prebuilt files, board part files...) with petalinux template available:
Newest is currently for Vivado/SDK/Petalinux 2017.1 but we will update to 2017.2.

You can use petalinux template project from <design folder>/os/petalinux with instruction from:

br
John

mishuk

Yes, I mean "TE0782-02-100-2I" with Xilinx Zynq-100 onboard.
I know about template projects at <design folder>/os/petalinux, but I think of BSP as preferable way to start project rather than copy-pasting template project.

JH

Hi,

way? If you change Linux relevant setting (PS, or PL AXI...), you must always regenerate all steps new. And BSP is only a container, with the same project for one given setup.

We sell module instead of complete evaluation boards. So the given reference Designs are only some standard configuration. There are often more options that this one selected on reference design. Depends on the Carrier (in the most cases this are custom carrier) and the application you would implement, you must generate your own design settings.

PS: For 2017.2 design and newer, we will add a wiki documentation, where you can find all changes compared to the default petalinux configuration.

br
John

mishuk

Thank you for your reply!