Author Topic: MAX1000 Driver and Setup Files  (Read 783 times)

JH

MAX1000 Driver and Setup Files
« on: October 09, 2017, 03:47:53 PM »
Basic Description:

Important Notes:
  • Arrow_USB_Blaster_2.0 setup files are only for MAX1000 PCB Revision 02
  • Arrow_USB_Blaster_1.9 driver are only for MAX1000 PCB Revision 01

Download:

Problems with MAX1000 and Quartus Prime device detection, try following steps:
  • Removed all other FTDI devices + drivers
  • Install Arrow USB Blaster 2.0
  • Plug in MAX1000
  • Open Quartus Prime Programmer
  • Arrow USB Blaster show up

Check FTDI setup of the device:
  • Download "Microsoft USBView - USB Connection Viewer": http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG
  • Unzip and start usbview.exe
  • Connect the both MAX1000 separately and select USB Device on USB Viewer.
  • Select "[LOC xx] Devices Connected : USB-Composite Device" and check content to find correct device

giuliof

• GLG Programs
Re: MAX1000 Driver and Setup Files
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:29:09 PM »
Hi,
I had some troubles with my MAX1000 programming interface, in particular the FT2232 had default configuration and Quartus couldn't communicate with.
I made a template useful for reprogramming it with FT_PROG, you can find it at https://box.glgprograms.it/max1000/arrow_blaster.xml.

For whom can't use FT_PROG I wrote some lines on my website.
~ giulio

rpflaum

Re: MAX1000 Driver and Setup Files
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 03:35:57 AM »
I am having difficulty with the Altera Quartus Programmer recognizing the MAX1000 board under Windows 10. It works fine on a Windows 7 machine.
I have installed the Arrow USB Blaster driver package (V2.1) on two different Windows 10 machines and both act the same.
Device manager shows a COM port and two USB Serial ports (A & B) when I plug the board in. However I see "No Hardware Found" in the Quartus Programmer app. The troubleshooting notes mentioned to remove all FTDI devices(I have done so) & all FTDI drivers ( I am not absolutely sure how to do this exactly and could use some guidance). Is there anything else I can try?