News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

zynqberry Ethernet bare metal application

Started by z1990, August 23, 2017, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z1990

Hallo all,
I would like to ask if there is any example illustrating the use of the ethernet interface in a bare metall application on the zynqberry ?

if not what would be the steps to do that ? is that hard thing to do ?

Thanks in Advance !!

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

Unfortunately we don't have baremetal example with ethernet.
In any case implementation of such project will be complicated, as you need to implement USB stack for Zynq, USB driver for LAN9514 chip and finally network stack.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

z1990

Oh! thank you for your answer, that was bad news for me  :(
I have a master AXI in my PL side who writes direktly to the memory in a size of about 200MB!
now can I let the Petalinux to just exclude this memory domain from writing on/use with the ability to read the saved values in them ?

Thanks again !

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

Yes, you can easily configure petalinux to use only part of memory and use high part of memory for your data buffer.
With simple linux application you can map this buffer read data and send it to ethernet.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

z1990

Thank you very much, can I ask you from where can I begin to configure it ?   only a point to begin with...

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

First step is to reduce Linux memory in petalinux-config
-*- Subsystem AUTO Hardware Settings  ---> Memory Settings  ---> System memory size
by size of your buffer

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

z1990

Can I edit the OS which provided by Trenz (OS folder) to do that and add a programm to the OS to deal with the ethernet, or I do need to build a whole new petalinux to meet my requirements ? do I need the Petalinux tools for that or the Xilinx SDK would be enough ?
Thanks for your help

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

you can use petalinx provided by Trenz. Just modify memory settings and add your applications.

Kind regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

z1990

Thanks ...
I am facing problems with installing the petalinux on my ubuntu  :( ...
is there any other way to edit the petalinx provided by Trenz other than running petalinux on linux ??
can one do that somehow on Xilinx SDK on windows ?

I am trying to install it on a VM ubuntu ....
Can you suggest a distribution other than ubuntu 16.04

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

there should be no big problems to install Petalinux to Ubuntu
please read https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/PetaLinux+KICKstart

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

z1990

Hallo,
thanks for your feedback... finally I was able to install petalinux!!! I copied the Trenz petalinux project with my .hdf file and the fsbl.elf files inside it and now I am facing a problem when I am trying to import the Hardware Configuration, here is the output of the terminal

usr@usr-VirtualBox:~/Development/petalinux$ petalinux-config --get-hw-description
INFO: Getting hardware description...
cp: omitting directory '/home/usr/Development/petalinux/build'
cp: omitting directory '/home/usr/Development/petalinux/components'
cp: omitting directory '/home/usr/Development/petalinux/project-spec'
INFO: Rename zsys_wrapper.hdf to system.hdf
[INFO] generating Kconfig for project

[INFO] menuconfig project
/home/usr/Development/petalinux/build/misc/config/Kconfig.syshw:30:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
/home/usr/Development/petalinux/build/misc/config/Kconfig:546:warning: config symbol defined without type

*** End of the configuration.
*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

[INFO] sourcing bitbake
[INFO] generating plnxtool conf
[INFO] generating meta-plnx-generated layer
~/Development/petalinux/build/misc/plnx-generated ~/Development/petalinux
~/Development/petalinux
[INFO] generating machine configuration
[INFO] generating bbappends for project . This may take time !
~/Development/petalinux/build/misc/plnx-generated ~/Development/petalinux
~/Development/petalinux
[INFO] generating u-boot configuration files

[INFO] generating kernel configuration files
[INFO] generating kconfig for Rootfs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 45, in <module>
    cookerdata.CookerConfiguration()))
  File "/home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py", line 432, in bitbake_main
    return ui_module.main(server_connection.connection, server_connection.events, configParams)
  File "/home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/knotty.py", line 284, in main
    consolelog = logging.FileHandler(consolelogfile)
  File "/home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/buildtools/sysroots/x86_64-petalinux-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 905, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "/home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/buildtools/sysroots/x86_64-petalinux-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 935, in _open
    stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/petalinux/plp/te0726/test_board/petalinux/build/tmp/log/cooker/plnx_arm/20170828161133.log'
ERROR: bitbake failed to generate dot graph for petalinux-image
webtalk failed:Invalid tool in the statistics file:petalinux-yocto!
webtalk failed:Failed to get PetaLinux usage statistics!
ERROR: Failed to config project.
ERROR: Get hw description Failed!.

I should say that I didn't changed anything in the configs just esc, and I am using the same user which I installed the petalinux with (don't understand the Permission denied error).. Thanks in advance

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

it's hard to tell you exact problem, please try to fix permissions
sudo chown -r usr:usr /home/usr
then
cd /home/usr/Development/petalinux/
petalinux-build -x mrproper
petalinux-config --get-hw-description

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

z1990

Hello,
unfortunatly this didn't solve the problem but I have a question here.

in this line I see something which I couldn't understand.

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/petalinux/plp/te0726/test_board/petalinux/build/tmp/log/cooker/plnx_arm/20170829080731.log'

to make my question clear, from where did he get therse folders names : /plp/te0726/test_board/ ........ ?????
he is trying to find the folder plp in the installation folder of the petalinux ?!

what I really have here is the project under : /home/usr/Development/petalinux
and the petalinux installation folder under /home/petalinux/

what are all these folders and I didn't copy the test_board folder from windows I just copied the petalinux folder from the OS folder without the containing test_board folder, from where did he knew this name and why tring to find it in the petalinux installation folder ? is that something I did wrong ? or he is trying to write some logfile in a specified folder ?

Thanks !

Andrei Errapart

This is due to the use of absolute paths in the Petalinux configuration files.

Open the following file:

project-spec/configs/config

in a text editor and find the line beginning with

CONFIG_TMP_DIR_LOCATION=

Change the path on this line to point to build/tmp in your Petalinux project path.

JH

Hi,

on petalinux template folder of 2017.1 reference designs is a init_config.sh, which set correct path value to this variable.

Please read also, before you use our templates:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/PetaLinux+KICKstart#PetaLinuxKICKstart-PetaLinux2017.1

br
John

z1990

Thank you All very much for your help, I didn't thought that is so time consuming !! it is driving me crasy (the prototye time for this project is already ended :) )  ! I was able to import the hdf and now I have error with building it !!!!

usr@usr-VirtualBox:~/devl/petalinux$ petalinux-build
[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache: 100% |##########################################################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00
Loaded 2938 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |########################################################################################################################################| Time: 00:00:01
Parsing of 2325 .bb files complete (2291 cached, 34 parsed). 2940 targets, 196 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing RunQueue
NOTE: Checking sstate mirror object availability (for 597 objects)
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: fsbl-0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/log.do_configure.18090)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/log.do_configure.18090
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| MISC_ARG is -yamlconf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/fsbl.yaml
| APP_ARG is  -app "Zynq FSBL"
| cmd is: xsct /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/app.tcl -ws /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/../components/plnx_workspace -pname fsbl -rp none -processor ps7_cortexa9_0 -hdf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/deploy/images/plnx_arm/Xilinx-plnx_arm.hdf -arch 32  -app "Zynq FSBL" -yamlconf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/fsbl.yaml
| Starting SDK. This could take few seconds... Invalid Configuration Location:
| The configuration area at '/home/usr/.Xilinx/SDK/2016.4' could not be created.  Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option.
| XSCTHELPER INFO: Empty WorkSpace
| Starting SDK. This could take few seconds... Invalid Configuration Location:
| The configuration area at '/home/usr/.Xilinx/SDK/2016.4' could not be created.  Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option.
| timeout while establishing a connection with SDK
|     while executing
| "error "timeout while establishing a connection with SDK""
|     (procedure "getsdkchan" line 108)
|     invoked from within
| "getsdkchan"
|     (procedure "getprojects" line 19)
| "getprojects -type hw"
| "if { $params(ws) ne "" } {
|    #Local Work Space available
|    setws $params(ws)
|    if { [catch {importprojects $params(ws)} result] } {
|       puts "XSCTHELPER IN..."
|     (file "/home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/app.tcl" line 111)
| WARNING: /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/run.do_configure.18090:1 exit 1 from 'eval xsct /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/app.tcl -ws /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/../components/plnx_workspace -pname fsbl -rp none -processor ps7_cortexa9_0 -hdf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/deploy/images/plnx_arm/Xilinx-plnx_arm.hdf -arch 32 ${APP_ARG} ${MISC_ARG}'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/log.do_configure.18090)
ERROR: Task 117 (/home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-xilinx-tools/recipes-fsbl/fsbl/fsbl_git.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1743 tasks of which 1322 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/usr/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-xilinx-tools/recipes-fsbl/fsbl/fsbl_git.bb, do_configure
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build project

does that say anything or you already have headache from my questions :)

JH

Hi,
check:
/home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/log.do_configure.18090

Is this the first petalinux project, what you build with this installation?
Which Vivado and Petalinux version did you use? Log file say all petalinux 2016.4, is that correct? Did you use Vivado also 2016.4 and the test_board reference design?

br
John

z1990

Hi,
unfortunately yes, this is my first petalinux project, actually I intended to build a baremetall application but this product should have an ethernet connection.
everything is 16.04 from Ubuntu to vivado to the petalinux.

what I did in steps:

1- I implemented the fpga design by editing the refernce design and exported the hdf file (in windows).
2- I copied the petalinux folder from the OS folder in the refernce design to the Linux to the "devl" folder, and then I copied the hdf which I exported from vivado inside this petalinux folder.

this is the file that you indexed:

DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
MISC_ARG is -yamlconf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/fsbl.yaml
APP_ARG is  -app "Zynq FSBL"
cmd is: xsct /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/app.tcl -ws /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/../components/plnx_workspace -pname fsbl -rp none -processor ps7_cortexa9_0 -hdf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/deploy/images/plnx_arm/Xilinx-plnx_arm.hdf -arch 32  -app "Zynq FSBL" -yamlconf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/fsbl.yaml
Starting SDK. This could take few seconds... Invalid Configuration Location:
The configuration area at '/home/usr/.Xilinx/SDK/2016.4' could not be created.  Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option.
XSCTHELPER INFO: Empty WorkSpace
Starting SDK. This could take few seconds... Invalid Configuration Location:
The configuration area at '/home/usr/.Xilinx/SDK/2016.4' could not be created.  Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option.
timeout while establishing a connection with SDK
    while executing
"error "timeout while establishing a connection with SDK""
    (procedure "getsdkchan" line 108)
    invoked from within
"getsdkchan"
    (procedure "getprojects" line 19)
    invoked from within
"getprojects -type hw"
    invoked from within
"if { $params(ws) ne "" } {
   #Local Work Space available
   setws $params(ws)
   if { [catch {importprojects $params(ws)} result] } {
      puts "XSCTHELPER IN..."
    (file "/home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/app.tcl" line 111)
WARNING: /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/run.do_configure.18090:1 exit 1 from 'eval xsct /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/app.tcl -ws /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/../components/plnx_workspace -pname fsbl -rp none -processor ps7_cortexa9_0 -hdf /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/deploy/images/plnx_arm/Xilinx-plnx_arm.hdf -arch 32 ${APP_ARG} ${MISC_ARG}'
ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/usr/devl/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/fsbl/0.2+xilinx+gitAUTOINC+ef07b552f4-r0/temp/log.do_configure.18090)

thank you for your patience

JH

Hi,
i think your petalinux installation is not correct.
See:
on UG1144 check install requirements.

If you start new, i would recommend to use 2017.1 (Vivado/SDK/PetaLinux), we also provide some more reference designs and petalinux 2017.1 is more stable than 2016.4.

Check also:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14746264#Vivado/SDK/SDSoC-XilinxSoftware-ProductUpdateReleaseNotesandKnownIssues
There are links to xilinx notes for the different versions.
At the moment we have no 2017.2 design online, so if you change use 2017.1.

br
John

z1990

Ok, thanks for your input. I'll try to install the 2017.1
do you suggest an OS other than ubuntu 16.04 (on VirtualBox), or it is ok ?

JH

Hi,

this is Ok.
Use 2017.1  ug1144 documentation and also our notes on the wiki page.
And at first try build with one of the Xilinx BSP or use our prebuilt hdf. if this works, you can try your own.
And also check console during installation, if something fails with error. sometimes petalinux installation did not abort.

br
John

z1990

Hallo, I want first to thank you all. I was able to build my first petalinux using the 2017.1 version and your refernce design files. however during the build of the project I had some fetching errors and I am not sure if I should consider them or ?  please check them if you can say anything !

petalinux-build
[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache: 100% |################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:01
Loaded 3238 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##############################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:02
Parsing of 2449 .bb files complete (2414 cached, 35 parsed). 3239 targets, 224 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
Initialising tasks: 100% |###########################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:12
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |###################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:43
WARNING: icu-native-57.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Failed to fetch URL file://universal/4a/sstate:icu-native:x86_64-linux:57.1:r0:x86_64:3:4adef506c06c322b822bbaf614eec374_populate_sysroot.tgz;downloadfilename=universal/4a/sstate:icu-native:x86_64-linux:57.1:r0:x86_64:3:4adef506c06c322b822bbaf614eec374_populate_sysroot.tgz, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: icu-native-57.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://universal/4a/sstate:icu-native:x86_64-linux:57.1:r0:x86_64:3:4adef506c06c322b822bbaf614eec374_populate_sysroot.tgz;downloadfilename=universal/4a/sstate:icu-native:x86_64-linux:57.1:r0:x86_64:3:4adef506c06c322b822bbaf614eec374_populate_sysroot.tgz anywhere. The paths that were searched were:
    /home/usr/petalinux/build/sstate-cache
ERROR: icu-native-57.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: No suitable staging package found
WARNING: Logfile for failed setscene task is /home/petalinux/SVN/cores/2017.1/design/TE0726/zynqberrydemo1/os/petalinux/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/icu-native/57.1-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot_setscene.7753
WARNING: Setscene task (virtual:native:/opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/meta/recipes-support/icu/icu_57.1.bb:do_populate_sysroot_setscene) failed with exit code '1' - real task will be run instead
WARNING: python3-3.5.2-r1.0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Failed to fetch URL file://d8/sstate:python3:cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi:3.5.2:r1.0:cortexa9hf-neon:3:d8d1a639f755e52a46073b05d5d7ef48_populate_sysroot.tgz;downloadfilename=d8/sstate:python3:cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi:3.5.2:r1.0:cortexa9hf-neon:3:d8d1a639f755e52a46073b05d5d7ef48_populate_sysroot.tgz, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: python3-3.5.2-r1.0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://d8/sstate:python3:cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi:3.5.2:r1.0:cortexa9hf-neon:3:d8d1a639f755e52a46073b05d5d7ef48_populate_sysroot.tgz;downloadfilename=d8/sstate:python3:cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi:3.5.2:r1.0:cortexa9hf-neon:3:d8d1a639f755e52a46073b05d5d7ef48_populate_sysroot.tgz anywhere. The paths that were searched were:
ERROR: python3-3.5.2-r1.0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: No suitable staging package found
WARNING: Logfile for failed setscene task is /home/petalinux/SVN/cores/2017.1/design/TE0726/zynqberrydemo1/os/petalinux/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/python3/3.5.2-r1.0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot_setscene.7705
WARNING: Setscene task (/opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3_3.5.2.bb:do_populate_sysroot_setscene) failed with exit code '1' - real task will be run instead
WARNING: curl-native-7.50.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Failed to fetch URL file://universal/e5/sstate:curl-native:x86_64-linux:7.50.1:r0:x86_64:3:e51f38a17e46a72f9cee89a2afa64710_populate_sysroot.tgz;downloadfilename=universal/e5/sstate:curl-native:x86_64-linux:7.50.1:r0:x86_64:3:e51f38a17e46a72f9cee89a2afa64710_populate_sysroot.tgz, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: curl-native-7.50.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://universal/e5/sstate:curl-native:x86_64-linux:7.50.1:r0:x86_64:3:e51f38a17e46a72f9cee89a2afa64710_populate_sysroot.tgz;downloadfilename=universal/e5/sstate:curl-native:x86_64-linux:7.50.1:r0:x86_64:3:e51f38a17e46a72f9cee89a2afa64710_populate_sysroot.tgz anywhere. The paths that were searched were:
ERROR: curl-native-7.50.1-r0 do_populate_sysroot_setscene: No suitable staging package found
WARNING: Logfile for failed setscene task is /home/petalinux/SVN/cores/2017.1/design/TE0726/zynqberrydemo1/os/petalinux/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/curl-native/7.50.1-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sysroot_setscene.8125
WARNING: Setscene task (virtual:native:/opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/core/meta/recipes-support/curl/curl_7.50.1.bb:do_populate_sysroot_setscene) failed with exit code '1' - real task will be run instead
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3095 tasks of which 2396 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

Summary: There were 3 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There were 6 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
INFO: generating FIT Image
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image -R /home/usr/petalinux/build/conf/fit-image.conf
Parsing recipes: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:01:25
Parsing of 2449 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2449 parsed). 3239 targets, 224 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
Initialising tasks: 100% |###################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:12
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |###########################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:14
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3096 tasks of which 3061 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.
INFO: Copying Images from deploy to images
INFO: Creating images/linux directory
[INFO] successfully built project

I will build my project now with vivado 2017 and then try it on Hardware... until that could you please decribe these errors ?
Thanks

JH

Hi,

i think petalinux is not installed properly. You has some problems with yocto bitbake.
Did you change the owner of the Petalinux installation directory, before you installed petalinux? -->    sudo chown <owner>:<owner> /opt/pkg/petalinux

Did you installed all needed packages from petalinux 2017.1 ?: install requirements page 8ff --> https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

br
John