News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Weird HDMI ouput with filter module

Started by SoftwareProjekt, August 08, 2017, 01:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoftwareProjekt

Hi,

I tried to implement a hardware filter. The base design for this is the test zynqberry design.
I've added the filter block in the design, a picture can be seen below

filter.jpg

Instead of getting a proper picture, the ouput is the following:

IMG_20170808_1119325102.jpg

I believe that my driver is wrong, but I'm not sure about it.
My second thought was, that the timing is not correct, between the VDMA for the filter and
the VDMA for the HDMI output. The hdmi output should probably be stalled while the filter
VDMA is writing the frame on the framebuffer (the hdmi frame buffer) and on completion
write the frame to the HDMI port.

The filter block works properly, I placed it directly in between the HDMI out logic and I got a
permanent filtered picture.

The code for the driver that i write in the vdma.c file can be found under this link: https://pastebin.com/xS7r2fne
The name of the function is: vdma_filter_init

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hi,

try to add "AXI4-Stream Data FIFO" before and after your filter.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

SoftwareProjekt

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I tried adding two FIFOs but it didn't resolve the problem.
On the output you can only see the trenz logo, fullscreen, not the video stream.

Do you have another idea?

Greetings
SoftwareProjekt

JH

Hi,

can you insert a ILA-Debug Core  to the AXI Interface of your VDMA core and check if the data will be send to PS. Do the same with the video output to check the incoming data of this core.

br
John