News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

input power to TE0711 module from carrier Board

Started by sathishsn, August 05, 2017, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sathishsn

Hello Dear Sir/Madam,

I am designing carrier Board for TE0711 module.
For my application usage of FPGA Bank 14 and 35 is enough as a result i just need connector JM2 interfacing.

But i see that connector JM1 has a 3.3VIN input requirement which is also connected to U1 U4 and Q1 components on the schematics.

Does this mean:
1) I must have JM1 connector interfacing from my carrier Board just to carry the required power line input 3.3VIN ?
(even though i don't use the IO banks connected to JM1) or 2) would it be possible that i provide manual 3.3 volts input to component U1 U4 and Q1 ?

If i choose option #2 above, is there any other thing i need to take care in terms of hardware to make the FPGA Board running without issues ?

Please could you clarify on the above issue,

Best regards
Sathish

Thorsten Trenz

Hello,
you need VIN as well as 3.3VIN. Both can be connected to the same 3.3V supply.

Please read the TRM for any voltage requirements.

We do not recommend to use only one connector.

Best Regards,
Thorsten Trenz

sathishsn

Ok, Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Best regards
Sathish

sathishsn

Hello Dear Thorsten,

Does the Eagle library present in : https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/TE0720/REV02/HW_Design(TE0720 GigaZee.LIB-Eagle.lbr) is same for TE0711 module ?
If i use this design for my Base board with LSHM connector on it, does the TE0711 module fit on it ?

Please let me know.

Best regards
Sathish

Thorsten Trenz

Hello,
its not the same, but the connectors and positions are the same. Please check the pinout carefully.

Best Regards,
Thorsten Trenz