News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0725LP-01 and TE0790-02

Started by Franz Peter Zantis, July 06, 2017, 10:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franz Peter Zantis

I use the TE0725LP-01 and TE0790-02 and the software "Vivado". Attached you can find my first test-application.
I have created the Bitstream-file and loaded into the module/chip. Now I want to test the circuit. I have feed a pulse (1,8V, 100kHz) into "ringcin" (Pin 34 of J1) and awaited the the pulse comes out at "oscout" (Pin 42 of J1). But - nothing happens. Pin 42 is always at GND-level.
Is there anything what I have to do before, during or after implementation of the Bitstream-File? Have I to change the digits on the TE0790-02 (I could not find any information about the functionallity of the digits - so I thought I can use it like it is).
Maybe someone has had the same problems and can help ....
Best regard
Franz Peter Zantis

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
did you connect the VCCIO voltages?

XMOD is described here:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/OSHW/Xmod-FT2232H

Best Regards,
Thorsten Trenz

Franz Peter Zantis

Thanks alot.
But, yes, VCCIO is connected.
'Vivado' comes up with the message "write_bitstream Complete".
On the board, the LED D2 is blinking. So it seems, that the transfer of the Bitstream from Vivado to the FPGA hasn't worked.? Right?

Franz Peter Zantis

The LED D2 on the board Re: TE0725LP-01 is blinking. So I assume, that there is a "default" konfiguration-file already in the Artix7-FPGA. Isn't it? If yes, the blinking should be stop, if it succeeds to put a new konfiguration file (overwrite the old) into the FPGA. So the non-blinking is my indicator if the transfer of the bitsstream was successfull. Is this assumtion right?

Franz Peter Zantis

I have tested it again:

Test1: if I transfer the bitstream to the cip via TE0790-02 the LED D3 flashes for a very short time. The binking of D2 on  TE0725LP-01 stops. However, if I press the reset-button on TE0790-02, the LED D3 flashes again and the blinking of D2 on TE0725LP-01 starts again.

Test2: I transfer the bitstream again via the TE0790-02 to the TE0725LP-01. The blinking of D2 on TE0725LP-01 stops again. Now I close the target in Vivado and disconnect the USB-cable (by the way: now an Error-message appears on Vivado "Error while setting target JTAG Clock Frequency" - however I have disconnected the target in Vivado before disconnecting the USB-cable). Now I took the TE0790-02 from the  TE0725LP-01. Then I have connected power supply (1,8V; supply VIN first and VCCIO after 1 second) to the TE0725LP-01. Result: the LED D2 on the TE0725LP-01 is blinking - so I think the configuration file (bitstream) is not on the board!

Antti Lukats

any downloads of the bitstream are volatile as Xilinx only has RAM based FPGA. For non volatile configuration you need to program the SPI Flash.

Franz Peter Zantis

I thought, this is what the  TE0790-02 does! ????

JH

Hi,
XMOD is only a JTAG programmer. You can get access to FPGA or Flash.
For Flash programming, you can use als Vivado or SDK.
See reference to Xilinx documentation: https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14746264#Vivado/SDK/SDSoC-XilinxSoftwareProgrammingandDebugging
br
John