News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0725 Nothing from transmitter from POF

Started by yl814282, April 04, 2017, 07:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yl814282

Hi , guys,

I tried a small program to light green LED on TE0725 board looping in the POF in order to verify the function of POF.

The POF that I am using is AFBR-59F3Z.  The structure that I want to realize is in attachment.

First, I designed a time divider which can generate 1 Hz signal. It works well directly on green LED at pin M16. 

Then the design was changed. I outputed the signal from time divider by using OBUFDS to pin A10(neg. pin A9), meantime I used IBUFDS to receive the wished signal into FPGA which is then connected to the green LED at M16. One optical fiber is plugged into both ports of AFBR-59F3Z to realize a loop function. But nothing happened.
Afterwards, I tried to use a flash light from my mobilephone to light the receiver port, OK, fine, the green LED responded. But when I checked the transmitter port, the LED of it didn't work. It should be visible because the wavelength from the LED of AFBR is 650nm in the range of visible light. 

So how could I solve this problem?   

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
what is the serial of your module?

Best Regards,
Thorsten Trenz