News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TEBF0808 2016.4 si5345 FSBL config

Started by adamdunc, March 07, 2017, 10:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamdunc

Hi,

I just started working with the Trenz 2016.4 TEBF reference design and have a question about building the FSBL with modifications to the Si5345 registers.

I was able to do this with the Trenz 2016.3 reference design by copying the Si5345 and xfsbl files from os/petalinux/components/bootloader/zynqmp_fsbl/ to the components/bootloader/zynqmp_fsbl folder in my petalinux directory and then running petalinux-build.

The structure of petalinux 2016.4 however seems differerent and I haven't been able to get this working as of yet. Here is what I have tried:

petalinux-create -t project --template zynqMP -n proj_name
petalinux-config --get-hw-description=path_to_hdf
petalinux-config
petalinux-build
at this point, I see proj_name/component/plnx_workspace/fsbl/src/ is created with xfsbl* files
Now I copy the xsfbl and si5345 and Si5345 files to the /sw_lib/sw_apps/zynqmp_fsbl/src/ files to component/plnx_workspace/fsbl/src/
then I rerun petalinux-build
petalinux-package --force --prebuilt --fpga zusys_wrapper.bit
petalinux-boot --jtag --prebuilt 1
petalinux-boot --jtag --prebuilt 2

Can you let me know how you would recommend creating a modified fsbl file with modified Si5345 registers in the TEBF0808 with 2016.4?
Do you recommend creating the fsbl in the SDK? I had tried the SDK method in the 2016.3 version and received an error.

Thanks,
Adam

JH

Hi,

on Vivado 2016.4 we used SDK/HSI on Win OS to generate FSBL and Boot.bin. Only bl31.elf, image.ub and u-boot.elf is used from PetaLinux Project. We have a reference design online:

The modified FSBL is as SDK template in the subfolder sw_lib/sw_apps/zynqmp_fsbl.

This can be load as repo into the SDK to use as template project, see:

The boot.bif file for boot.bin generation is in the subfolder pebuilt/boot_images/<board part>/u-boot/boot.bif

br
John

adamdunc

John,

The SDK method worked great on Vivado 2016.4. I was able to generate a modified FSBL file and test it successfully!

Thanks!
Adam