News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Boot from Flash

Started by Caleb Phillips, March 06, 2017, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Phillips

Hello, I am trying unsuccessfully to get my module to boot from flash. Using Vivado 2016.4, I can write the bit steam directly and see that it works. Using an Arty dev board, I can write to and boot from flash with no issues. On the TE710 however, I can write to flash but not boot from it when trying to send the command "boot from memory configuration device" or on power-on.

I am using a carrier board, a TE 703, and I do have the 4th dip switch mode pin set to "OFF" which should allow it to boot from flash.

I think this may have something to do with the SPI Quad Enable Bit not being set properly, but I have little idea about how to confirm this nor do I know how to set it. I am hoping someone would be able to inform me of how to go about this using ToolZ.

Caleb Phillips

I got this figured out. I needed to change the bitstream settings such that the SPI flash is configured for a x4 bus width instead of the x1 that was working for the Arty. Once doing this (I also changed the bitstream to compressed and the frequency to 33MHz) the module boots to user code from power-on near instantaneously.