News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0725 optical fiber adapter

Started by yl814282, February 14, 2017, 02:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yl814282

Hello, dear everybody,

I am new to FPGA and trying to communicate two TE0725 boards through optical fiber adapter. Actually in Vivado there are GTP transceiver IP core and also SGMII IP core which are only available for 7 series FPGAs with I/O banks 216. But those IPcores are not available for TE0725. I have also tried to write the IP cores by myself, but it is too difficult.

So I would like to ask which kind of tools or IPcores are available for communication between two TE0725 through the optical fiber adapter, and can also be connected to AXI bus. 

Thank you very much.

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

Optic fiber communication usually mean high speed communication and GTP, so Xilinx provide only Ethernet and Aurora interface cores for it.
TE0725 don't have GTP so you have to use some custom core. Unfortunately there is no simple/standard solution for your task.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

GuinnessTrinker

Hi everybody,

the "AFBR-59F2Z" can be used for max. 250MBd. This is not that much compared to other fibre.

Are there any example-codes / ip-cores available in the meantime?
Which Ethernet-core can be used (without a PHY onboard)?

Regards

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hi,

you can try with "1G/2.5G Ethernet PCS/PMA or SGMII" core with LVDS as a physical interface.

BR
Oleksandr Kiyenko