News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0820-05-2AI21MA and TE0701 (Rev 05)

Started by night_prowler, May 10, 2024, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night_prowler

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I have the TE0820-05-2AI21MA MPSoC and a TE0701-05 Carrier Board.

I have been trying to boot the MPSoC from the prebuilt files within the "TE0820-test_board-vivado_2023.2-build_4_20240305102020" file that I downloaded from AMD.

Steps I have taken:

1) Prepare the SD Card with two Partitions, copied the following onto the FAT32 "boot" partition:

test_board/prebuilt/os/petalinux/2GB/image.ub
    test_board/prebuilt/boot_images/2cg_1i_2gb/hello_te0820/boot.bif
    test_board/prebuilt/boot_images/2cg_1i_2gb/hello_te0820/BOOT.bin

2) I have the DIP switches set as per the image below.

3) Put the SD Card into the SD Slot and Powered Up

My understanding here is that the SD Card being present puts the device into SD Boot Mode

When I do this, I just get the red LED's showing as per the below image and the Green LED flashes three times, then a gap and then three times again repeatedly.

Connecting to the Mini USB port and connecting via Putty I don't see any output.

If I take the SD Card out of the slot and repower, I get the same output as above. I suspect the device isn't booting from the SD Card at all.

Can anyone tell me that I am doing wrong?

Thankyou!

JH

Hi,
3 times blinking means board set to SD Boot, but did not finished booting:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0820+CPLD#TE0820CPLD-LED

Can you tell me which power supply you use? Some current limit in case you use laboratory power supply?
You select barmetal Hello TE0820 Boot.bin, so Linux files are not needed in this case.
Can you try out to formate SD with only one fat32 partition and try again?
Can you also open one time Vivado HW manager and tell me if you see ARM_DAP and FPGA when you connect JTAG(one time without and one time with SD Card)?

br
John