News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0808/TE0803 Linux - Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address

Started by logmaster, January 17, 2024, 03:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logmaster

Hello Everyone,

I am currently facing a problem with Vivado 2019.2, Petalinux 2019.2 and TE0808/TE0803 on the TEBF0808 carrier board:

I was able to successfully export my custom design (.xsa) from Vivado and build the petalinux project I got from the StarterKit. The image that was created is booting properly. The issue occurs when I try to either execute an application which maps a physical address space to virtual memory using mmap, or when I try to run cat /proc/iomem

it both cases the kernel crashes and I get an error message saying:
Unable to handle paging request at virtual address ...
I can understand that maybe the custom app that I am using to access memory is faulty, but why running cat /proc/iomem is leading to the same issue?
Have some of you encountered something similar? I have not used any custom files, like the FSBL, from the StarterKit, only the custom petalinux project.

Any tips will be appreciated!
Thank you!

logmaster

Hi everyone,

I found a working solution here:

https://support.xilinx.com/s/question/0D54U00005wQoYhSAK/have-error-with-cat-prociomem-in-linux-board-zynqmp?language=en_US

Basically, this error appears when the PS is configured with 64bit DRAM bus. Setting it to 32bit resolved the issue.

Is there an explanation why this happens? Is it a known problem?

Thank you!