News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0725 with xc3sprog: Flash supported?

Started by offroad, December 15, 2016, 09:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offroad

Hi,

I downloaded the current windows binary download of xc3sprog (build-win32_rev780_stripped), and added the XC7A-15T to devices.txt.
Bitstream upload works as expected.

Next, I built a bitstream for bscan_xc7_spi.vhd (adding constraints for the flash pins).
Now when I try to work on the flash memory, I get an error message "unknown JEDEC manufacturer ID".
It prints four bytes that match the datasheet response of the "S25FL256SAGBHI20" flash memory.
I conclude that my bscan bitstream seems to work but the flash is not supported by cx3sprog.

Does anybody know more about this (e.g. already in code but not in binary release)? Probably I simply add the ID of this flash component and compile it from source (not looking forward to the latter...) ?
Thanks!

Antti Lukats

yes, I think so , I think we have done it here too that way

offroad

Hi Antti,

thanks for the confirmation. Now it works, both with a plain FTDI chip and also with the (Digikey-licensed) XMOD FTDI JTAG adapter.
Took 5 min to fix the code (and 1+ days to learn CMAKE  ::) )

The code on SVN already supports the JEDEC ID of this module, but there is one "case" row missing in the "switch" statement of the bulk erase (-e) function => copy from the equivalent earlier section for writing.