News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TEBF0808 Petalinux Build

Started by Carsten Krüger, December 09, 2016, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carsten Krüger

Hi,

I am following the instruction in file Readme.txt from here:
http://www.trenz-electronic.de/fileadmin/docs/Trenz_Electronic/TE0808/Reference_Design/2016.3/Carrier_TEBF0808/TE0808-TEBF0808-vivado_2016.3-build_01_20161123152820.zip

I've stumbled across a few issues:

> source /opt/petalinux-v2016.2-final/settings.sh
I assume petalinux-v2016.3 (not .2) is required to build

> # Patch bootloader for TE0911 board
> cp -f components/bootloader/zynqmp_fsbl/xfsbl_board.te0911 components/bootloader/zynqmp_fsbl/xfsbl_board.c
There is no file named "xfsbl_board.te0911"  in the package only a "xfsbl_board.te0808". I assume the command should be corrected to:
> cp -f components/bootloader/zynqmp_fsbl/xfsbl_board.te0808 components/bootloader/zynqmp_fsbl/xfsbl_board.c

Please advice. Thanks.
Carsten

JH

Hi,

yes, that's correct. The readme was a copy from a other PCB project and we forgot to change the name. The procedure is the same. We will fix this on our download area.

BR
John

Carsten Krüger

Hi John,

thanks for your reply. The build now completes.

I am now following the instruction here to boot from SD card:
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/TE0808/Reference_Design/2016.3/Carrier_TEBF0808

>image.ub (prebuilt/os/petalinux/default) und Boot.bin (prebuilt/boot_images/<short dir>/u-boot) auf microSD-Karte kopieren.
>SD-Karte in microSD-Slot(J16) einlegen.
>TEBF0808 einschalten.
>"XMOD-FPGA Access"-XMOD mit PC verbinden.
> Serielle Konsole öffnen:COM Port(siehe Gerätemanager), Speed(115200).

However there is no output on the serial console (it get's detected though after connecting to the power supply).
Behaviour does not change if I press PWR or RST or if I change from microSD to MMC SD.
Same behaviour as well with the prebuilt images that are part of the delivery.

My terminal program is configured to (115200 8 N 1, no HW/SW flow control).

Any idea?

BR Carsten

JH

Hi,

please try the instructions from support mail answer.

br
John

Carsten Krüger

Hi John,

Thanks for the support. I finally managed to see the output on the serial console.

The problem was that I assumed /dev/ttyUSB0 as the device node for the Petalinux console. I should have used
/dev/ttyUSB1 instead.

Two channels - assigned to ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 - are exposed by the FDDI adapter. The serial console is on ttyUSB1.
Starting minicom on ttyUSB0 did not give an error - it just stayed silent. You may add a comment to the instructions.

Regards,
Carsten

melko

Quote from: JH on December 12, 2016, 10:41:30 AM
Hi,

yes, that's correct. The readme was a copy from a other PCB project and we forgot to change the name. The procedure is the same. We will fix this on our download area.

BR
John

Looking at xfsbl_board.te0808 inside the 2016.3 reference design, seems the README wasn't the only copy-pasted mistake, in the old version for vivado 2016.2 there was:

u32 XFsbl_BoardInit(void)
{
u32 Status = XFSBL_SUCCESS;
#ifdef XPS_BOARD_ZCU102
/* Program I2C to configure GT lanes */
Status = XFsbl_BoardConfig();
if (Status != XFSBL_SUCCESS) {
goto END;
}

XFsbl_UsbPhyReset();
XFsbl_PcieReset();

END:
#endif

#ifdef XPS_BOARD_TE0808_ES1
si534x_i2c_init(); // Configure I2C Bus 0 driver instance
si534x_i2c_write(0x77, 0x00,  0x10); // Configure I2C Switch
si534x_init(0x69); // Configure clocks
#endif
#ifdef XPS_BOARD_TE0808_EVAL
    si534x_i2c_init();                      // Configure I2C Bus 0 driver instance
    si534x_i2c_write(0x77, 0x00,  0x10);    // Configure I2C Switch
    si534x_init(0x69);                      // Configure clocks
#endif

return Status;
}

while on the new one there is:

u32 XFsbl_BoardInit(void)
{
u32 Status = XFSBL_SUCCESS;
#ifdef XPS_BOARD_ZCU102
/* Program I2C to configure GT lanes */
Status = XFsbl_BoardConfig();
if (Status != XFSBL_SUCCESS) {
goto END;
}

XFsbl_UsbPhyReset();
XFsbl_PcieReset();

END:
#endif

#ifdef XPS_BOARD_TEB0911_ES1
    xil_printf("\r\n--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n");
    xil_printf("TE0911 Board Init\r\n");
    si5338_init(XPAR_PSU_I2C_0_DEVICE_ID, 0x70);
    si534x_i2c_init();                      // Configure I2C Bus 0 driver instance
    si534x_i2c_write(0x77, 0x00,  0x00);    // Configure I2C Switch
    si534x_i2c_write(0x76, 0x00,  0x40);    // Configure I2C Switch
    si534x_init(0x69);                      // Configure clocks
    si534x_i2c_write(0x76, 0x00,  0x00);    // Configure I2C Switch
    xil_printf("--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n");
#endif

return Status;
}

JH

Hi,

thank you for pointing that out. It seems to be a bigger copy past mistake. It's fixed now and should be available in appx. one hour.
This test design has also a bug with SATA. Please use 2016.2 reference design, if you need this. We will fix this bug with the reference design for vivado 2016.4. We will published the 2016.4 reference design in the beginning of the new year.

br
John

melko

Great, thanks for the quick fix!
I didn't manage to get SATA working with both .2 and .3 designs, but it's not a feature I need right now, so I didn't investigate much further;
anyway I'm looking forward for the 2016.4 version, keep up the good work!