News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

ZynqBerry BSP

Started by sergio, December 07, 2016, 07:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergio

Hello guys,

I've recently started to work with a ZynqBerry board and I'm trying to run Petalinux on it. I was following the Xilinx UG1144 Petalinux Tools Reference Guide but I got stuck right at the beginning because i couldn't find a BSP for the ZynqBerry.

I searched the forum looking for answers and found out that the easiest way is to start with the TE0726 Test Board example at the FPGA Design Examples.

The thing is, I'm on an Ubuntu machine and the scripts don't work. Since I'm new developing Zynq solutions I'm not sure where to start.

Is there anyone out there capable to provide a guide on how to create from scratch a Petalinux image for the ZynqBerry?

I'm currently using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with Vivado/SDK/Petalinux 2016.3 tools.

Best regards,

mj

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

I don't have vivado on linux, but thisnk that you can use our environment on linux also,
if you check script source you can fount that you just need to run tcl script in vivado.
For example in vivado_create_project_guimode.cmd you can see command
vivado -source ../scripts/script_main.tcl  -mode batch -notrace -tclargs --run 1 --gui 1 --clean 2 --boardpart %PARTNUMBER%
If you configure vivado environment and set correct PARTNUMBER think that you can use this command to linux
vivado -source ../scripts/script_main.tcl  -mode batch -notrace -tclargs --run 1 --gui 1 --clean 2 --boardpart te0726_m
You can check our wiki https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/PetaLinux+KICKstart

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

sergio

I'm sorry for the late response Oleksandr, but thank you for the help.

I am now able to boot PetaLinux on my ZynqBerry  and the process to do that was quite straightforward.

If anyone reading this topic needs help with it you can send me a message. I will be glad to help.

Once again, thank you for the help!

Best regards,

mj