News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TEBF0808 Ethernet w/ SDSoC

Started by lukasc, November 29, 2016, 04:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukasc

Hi there

We are trying to get a minimal working setup running with SDSoC and are having trouble to get the Ethernet interface working. When starting it with "ifconfig eth0 up" we get the messages
[ 1047.213683] macb ff0e0000.ethernet eth0: unable to generate target frequency: 25000000 Hz
[ 1047.221938] macb ff0e0000.ethernet eth0: link up (100/Full)

I expect this is probably due to the Si5345 not starting/not being configured. The command to set it up is mentioned in your wiki (https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TEBF0808): "si534x /dev/i2c-13 0x69". But the script/program is not included (or I cannot find it) in the SDSoC demo project. Do you have some example/code/script to start the Si5345 in a SDSoC setup?

Best regards,
Lukas

JH

lukasc

Hi John

Thank you for the quick reply.

We have been using that example all along, and have been able to resolve the issues now:
1) a typo in the lab network configuration not allowing the device to connect properly, and
2) we added a Gbit/s switch in front of the device (we still did not find a way to make it work with 100 Mbit/s).

For us the issue is resolved this way, and thanks again for the assistance.

Best regards,
Lukas